1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me insert cd writer in my computer

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by yakuza003, Apr 28, 2007.

1. yakuza003

yakuza003 Guest

Hey i am learning how to manipulate hardware parts and i have opened my pc up, because i needed to put cd writer in with cd rom, i have taken out the empty space and inserted the cd writer then i put master ide cable in the cd writer and slave in the cd rom and i inserted both power cable and also little switch cable in the cd rom which is connected with cd rom to sound card. when i turn my pc on the cd rom and cd writer are working the tray is coming out and going back in but the window 98 can't read both of them when i check on the my computer there is no d drive or e please help me out ? send me email on **removed** thanks bye.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2007
  2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

thread teleported to relevant forum and email address removed

3. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

on the back of each drive is a little jumper that is usually black. depending on which set of 2 pins jumpered determines whether it is jumpered master, slave or cable select. on the back of each rom drive is a marking idicating which drive is master, slave or cable select. right now it sounds like you have the both jumpered the same as in master or slave but not both.

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

To ilustrate ffg7's answer, here is a guide on how to set your jumpers on your drive.

Edit: Fixed link

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  5. catfreak

catfreak Active member