1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me out

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Mskater, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Mskater

Mskater Member

Hi im new. I have some questions about backing up PS2 games. First, im looking for a boot disk to be used with the card/knife swap method. Is Action Replay, Gameshark, or Swap magic the best method? (i have a sony DVD+R/-R/+RW/-RW burner) I read a tutorial on the swap method and it says that some versions of AR and GS dont stop spinning, so when u push the white pin over it scratches the disk, does Swap magic do this??

Also, to make backups of my games, can i just make an exact copy of one of my disks (i have a DVD drive and a DVD-R drive)??

---thank you---

2. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

The Swap Magic is by far better and no it doesn't keep spinning. Yes an exact copy will work._X_X_X_X_X_[small]You are probably wondering how I came up with the name Hanedrick. Well... the name Hanedrick is a very distorted version of my sisters name and I call her that whenever I want to get on her nerves which is like 24/7.
    Version 5 ps2.
    Fliptop Cover/smd[/small]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2003
  3. Mskater

Mskater Member

Thank you, Hanedrick. Just one more question (thanks for being patient), i made a swap card from a credit card and it works, it would be a waste of money to buy the Swap magic/slide card combo right?