1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me someone!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by teddish, Aug 13, 2004.

1. teddish

teddish Member

Hi i'm having problems with my modded xbox fitted with a xbit chip samsung drive and evox i can't get some backup games to work i.e euro 2004, fifa 2004, gta vice city nor can i get some originals to work i.e fifa 2004, manhunt they all lock up at the intro screen i've tried copying fifa to my hard drive it copies fine but the game doesn't load past the first title screen. Some of the games did work on my friends xbox which also is chipped with the xbit but they've even stopped working on his since he moved his console does anyone know of an issue with certain games with the xbit chip? (in my settings on evox it says bios unknown why is this?) i'm pulling my hair out someone please help me before i lose my head many thanks!!!!!

2. Scotsmen

Scotsmen Guest

Hi

It "might" be an alignment problem with the chip in your friends xbox, what i do if i am requested by a customer to install an xbit is to use "servisol" adhesive on the potion of the chip where you remove the "tang" before you install it this portion of the chip wraps around the IDE connector on the xbox motherboard and with a dab of servisol adhesive on this portion AFTER the chip has been installed and certified to be working it then adds another location point to stop the chip from rotating arounf its axis on the locating screw.

With regards to getting those games you listed running from hdd on a xbox modded with an xbit. My personal xbox runs an xbit and im playing those games with NO patching need on them to run, i suggest you check your chip is installed ok and that your running an upto date bios to suit your chosen dashboard, as some of the older bios files seem to not be patched for some games.

Regards