1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me start a modded system

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by dabsac, May 2, 2005.

1. dabsac

dabsac Member

I'm getting an xbox friday and would like to know everything I need to run games off the HD. I plan on swapping the factory HD out for an 80 or 100 GB. Will I need a chip or is there a program like HD loader for the PS2 that I can get? Please include a link to where I can purchase the products needed.

Thanks

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

if you do not want to buy a modchip there is nothing that you can purchase to mod the box...there are some software exploits that you can get a hold of...i can not give you a direct link of where to find these exploits, but i can give you a hint. #xbins will help you obtain the needed tools...if you don't know anything about xbins i suggest you do some research.

3. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

if u plan on swapping hardrives youll need a modchip or tsop. tsop dont work on the newer xboxs though. and your just getting one now!? kinda late ehh. i would just hold off and get an xbox 2. (there suppost to come out this fall) 4 noobs i realy recomend using Slayers 2.6Final (requires chip or tsop) or u can do a soft mod i recomend Soft Mod Installer Deluxe 2.0. use torrents. use google and and search this site and youll find every thing youll need to know and a lotta crap you dont.

4. dabsac

dabsac Member

Thanks for the info. I've already did some searching and found a couple of xbox fan/mod sites that had all the info I needed, and now understand the #xbins hint. But as logik666 said it is a little late to start an xbox mod when the xbox2 will be out shortly, so I'm just going to hold off and get it instead. I just hope that it doesn't take ages to get some cool mods for it. For right now I'll just have to stick with my flip top PS2.