1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help Me, Swap Magic Disc Won't Load, Nor will Original Games

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by deleri24, Sep 5, 2004.

1. deleri24

deleri24 Member

I just recently bought a v4-v7 flip top cover for my Psx2...I installed everything to the instructions given at chipzone.com, however, when i power on the system, with swap magic, or just a normal game, the disc won't load. When I enter into the browser, all I get is disc read errors. The discs I put in, are barely spinning. It seems swap magic is the only one that spins, but at a very slow rate. Please help, I really hate to think that a 35 dollar piece of plastic has f'ed up my $200 PS2, thank you.

2. tragidy

tragidy Member

perhaps your White magnetic disk is not placed correctly im not sure i don't use a fliptop but that is possable

3. deleri24

deleri24 Member

After tinkering around with my PS2 for awhile, I repladed the white magnetic disc manually on the cd I was trying to load (that of a DVD at the time)...it started to play. However, I still can't seem to get a original dvd based game to work, however, when I load the swap magic disc, at first it says no data, and then it shows up as Playstation 2 disc in the browser, however when I click on the Disc to start, this swap magic insert disk screen I've heard so much about doesn't come on, instead it goes back to the browser screen and repeats the no data, and then goes to Playstation 2 disc...please can someone help me..

4. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

same thing happened with me and i finally found ehat the problem was. Heres how to fix it:

First take the white disk off of the clips on the flip top.
    Next put your game into the ps2 by opening the fliptop and placing it in securely.
    Then put the white disk on top of the game with the magnet facing up (u should be able to see the magnet on the white disk - dont worry the white disk is still magnetized to the center of the cd tray and will still keep the game intact).
    Turn on the PS2 and press reset. It should now boot correctly.