1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help me with dvd decryper and ps2 files-please

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mshotrod, Nov 7, 2004.

1. mshotrod

mshotrod Member

I have recently updated my dvd decrypter and now I can't seem the copy my ps2 games correctly. I have a flip top etc...when I look at the dvd after I burn it, it doesn't even look like it use to, looks like it burns more and takes up more of the dvd than before. I don't even think that the icons to choice the files look the same. It doesn't give me an iso file it gives me a mds file and a creator file. decrypter won't let me choice creator file and the mds file doesn't play on ps2. I never had this problem before...what the heck... I'm currently using memorex dvd-r , I wonder if thats my problem. I was using fuji dvd+r. I'm confused and VERY frustrated, I have wasted 5 dvd's already. :( PLEASE HELP ME!!! thank you

2. shifted90

shifted90 Member

I heard a similiar story somewhere...

Did DVD Decryter shut off while burning or reading? Maybe it's because of the new version.

3. mshotrod

mshotrod Member

no it copies just fine but not reading on ps2. not sure about files it gives? . tried to go back to older version but kept leading me to 3.5 version

4. shifted90

shifted90 Member

Hmm... I don't know about this one... Maybe it's a coaster? What type of DVDs did you use?

5. mshotrod

mshotrod Member

whats a coaster? i'm using memerox dvd-r,

6. shifted90

shifted90 Member

A coaster is a failure of burn... It means that the DVD might not run. Try burning another copy. Also, I would recommend using Ritek Ridata DVDs. They are one of the best for PS2 backups.