1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me with Magic 3.1

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jvillar, Apr 20, 2003.

1. jvillar

jvillar Member

Can someone please help me!!! I've installed a magic 3.1 on PS2 v. 5/6 and only the original PS2 games boot up. When I try to boot up a backed up PS1, the screen show tracks as if they were music files . It even says "Audio CD" on top of the screen. And only the backed up PS1 music plays. Someone please help me!!

2. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

jvillar...if you're sure of your copy, it's probably the way you boot your PS1 games. I would guess that your original PS1 don't boot also. Another thing, magic 3.1 work only on 3 wires for the PS1 backup. Find a troubleshooting guide for the pinout.
    For the boot up PS1 need this trick with the magic chip. :

CD already in (to make sure), rear switch off.
    Turn on the rear switch. Push and hold the power button until the eject come blue. Then quickly release and tap the power button again (really quickly). Then look at your backup games !
    Good luck

3. jvillar

jvillar Member

Thanks for the reply. I've already tried the trick and it didn't work. Please more suggestions.

4. jones617

jones617 Guest

those copper pieces on the ps2 board are just test points. I had the same problem.

5. jones617

jones617 Guest

sorry please remove wrong thread.

6. cozmo2

cozmo2 Member

It's the install. The S, Pwr, Gnd, and reset are only needed to boot PS1 backups. If it boots PS2 originals and not PS1 originals, it is probably the s wire. And you must hold the reset down until the blue light comes on. This is how you change from ps2 to ps1/dvd mode.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2003