1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help me with my CRC problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by mega123, May 25, 2007.

1. mega123

mega123 Regular member

when i try unrar i file it says CRC, i know what that is but i cant find a free software to fix the probelm, and im killing ym my self here

2. arex

arex Member

Whenever ive had this problem, re-downloading the file is the only thing that really worked for me. If your downloading from a torrent try forcing a recheck before unraring, that has worked for me once or twice in the past.

3. mega123

mega123 Regular member

sorry im not aware of what recheck is, can u please help me on what this is? and how u do it? ive tried repairing the archive but that dose nothing i thought maybe i should tell u that, u knwo how you click the file in the rar and press ctrl+R .. nawyas wahta recheck

4. arex

arex Member

I just meant if your downloading from a torrent you can right click on the torrent and click force recheck (which im sure rechecks the correct order of data in file) but i think utorrent does it auto once torrent finishes but once or twice ages ago it didnt and doing this worked for me.

You could always google for "crc error" and see that many others have asked this question on other sites, but the best and most reliable answer is just to re-download the file preferably from a different source.

If your not using a torrent client i suggest a download manager to ensure your downloading the full files - ive had the firefox download thing stop early and it thinks it done but the file is incomplete/corrupt.

Sorry i cant help you out and more but all i know is that crc error usually mean corrupt download.