1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me with outlook express error messages?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by barbie8, Apr 8, 2007.

1. barbie8

barbie8 Member

Hi,
    I am getting an error message using outlook express with any message i send, I get the error message Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
    addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

Sorry, I couldn't find any host named yahoo.com??. (#5.1.2)

this error message happens with all emails i send, no matter what the host is, aol, charter, cox, sbcglobal.net, juno, comcast, ect.

i have been having this problem for about 9 days, and have talked to my internet provider, gateway, and havent contacted microsoft as they will charge me $59 to help.
    I did download the new IE 7, which by the way, was a big mistake, and that is when I started having problems.
    If i send email to the same people via my webmail acct, they go fine, its only with outlook express?
    i have attempted to uninstall ie7, i have restored my computer to a time before i downloaded ie7, and i am at a total loss as to why i am getting this error. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!
    Thanks, Barbie

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

Doesn't really sound like an Outlook problem in itself. Move of issues with the e-mail server.

What your doing is sending out an e-mail. That is being successfully sent to your e-mail server. Somewhere along the way it can't get sent so it gets bounced back to you indicating that it couldn't be sent.

You might want to google qmail-send program. It might help you solve your problem.