1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help Me With Recording

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by nickle202, May 31, 2003.

1. nickle202

nickle202 Guest

I need help recording my live tv that I watch on my pc to divx format.I have ati all in wonder and the recording program sucks.I rather get a crappy picture with low mb space or a alright picture with like 9mbs a second space.I want to be able to convert my live tv to divx with good picture quaility.Please help.

2. Anttz

Anttz Member

Hi

I'm currently having similar problems, but with a different card though.

The problem is that my card (as well as yours I think) records tv broadcast into MPEG2 format (my card uses WinDVD for this), this means it is already sort of compressed into a DVD format, which makes it hard or impossible to encode into another format like DivX without having serious problems with the end results.

So if anyone could provide any info on this I would appreciate it too...

3. jagnikhah

jagnikhah Member

I seem to be having the same problems. I recorded a 5.7 gig movie using Media Center. However I can not find a way to fit it on one cd or dvd+r. Can someone help me?

4. shorty2k

shorty2k Member

guys, guys, the solution is really really damn simple, first get a video capture program, there are loads out there eg flycap, ulead movie factory, virtaul dub, etc.. nex u need a capture card make sure u have installed it correctly, then load up your capture software then (i strongly suggest flycap, small free software) then select your capture card in the menu and get the settings right, now there are way tooo many settings to mention but mess around till you get it to work, i suggest you capture at a frame size of 352*288 cuz full sized capture will require an expensive capture card if yours supports it then cool, but unless you have a really at least 2.4Ghz cpu and a damn fast Hard drive stick to 352*288 frame size, yea the quailty aint as good but if its done well you cant really tell the difference! then on the compression select your divX codec simple hit capture and when your show is finsihed you have a divx movie of you fav program, now i've been working wit recording so many shows soaps news, documentorys and films using this method and its great at first but trust me after some time you will come to the same point as me and realise its much muh simpler and easier just to use a good old fashion VHS, until u can afford stand alone DVD recorder!!

5. shorty2k

shorty2k Member

hope it helps guys!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2003
  6. Anttz

Anttz Member

The problem is that I have digital tv so my card is actually a network device rather than a capture device. That's why I need to know how to encode MPEG2 to DivX etc. since I can only capture with the tv card software.

7. branstone

branstone Guest

Mpeg2 too divx = tmpgenc

Have a nice day

8. branstone

branstone Guest

Mpeg2 too divx = tmpgenc

Have a nice day

9. jagnikhah

jagnikhah Member

My problem is that i have Windowns XP Media Center, my media type is video, audio codec is Morgan Stream Switcher, and Video codec is Intervideo Video Decoder, does anyone know what will work with this? Thanks

10. Anttz

Anttz Member

Can't open MPEG2 file with that program...

11. Gamork

Gamork Member

Try the Tmpgenc Plus, it will handle the Mpeg2.