1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help me with this movie

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by aznangelx, Feb 11, 2007.

1. aznangelx

aznangelx Member

i downloaded a movie (dvdrip, and avi. files) and it was into 2 seperate clips, or file, and then i downloaded subtitles which were also downloaded as two seperate files, so i figured that it would work right, but then i played the movie, along withthe subtitles, but the subtitles ended in different spots, not corresponding to the movie..
    ..so now i need to know how to convert the 2 movie files into 1, and the 2 subtitle files into 1 so i can play them simultaneously, so both the movie and subtitles will work together, please help!!

p.s., the subtitles r in (.srt) i have no idea if that helps, but thank you!!

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Joining the avi's is easy, joining the subs is not so easy since you don't know the delay for the 2nd part. I would start where the 1st part ends, then manually adjust till it syncs.

For the avi's I would suggest AVI-Mux GUI or VirtualDubMod. For the subs; Subtitle Workshop.

3. aznangelx

aznangelx Member

thnx SO MUCH!!....wat happens if i merge the two subtitles together though, and try to merge the subtitles and movie 2gether?...will sumthin bad happen?

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

If you just merged the subs, then you would have overlaps since they both start at 0. The second part needs to be shifted forward the length of the first avi part (the one that went with the subs, not the one you have).