1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me!

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by beem237, Mar 7, 2003.

1. beem237

beem237 Member

Ok for the last two days I have been trying to copy dvd's with my imac. I have already read all of the previous forums and it seems that nobody has run into the problems that i am.

First off, when using dvd extractor 0.9b (i have also tried 0.6b), I can easily save an image. However, after the image is saved, I try to mount the image and i get an error message saying that it cannot be mounted. I then try mounting it with toast and it won't work either. I then tried the exact same process only in classic and sadly the same thing happen with me.

Secondly, I used DVD copy (1.3) and everything worked fine until I try to play the .vob files with the apple dvd player. There the player won't recongize it and shows an error message. I thought maybe it wouldn't matter and tried burning anyway (w/toast) and the dvd wouldn't work on my mac or and player for that matter.

Thirdly, I calmed down and decide to just extract the .m2v and .ac3 files with osex. This went very well and then I tinkered with it on DSP. I actually got video and sound! Yet when I saved it through DSP onto the HD, the .vob files in the VIDEO_TS folder wouldn't work with apple dvd player. So after this I read that you could burn directly through DSP. It seems that someone is playing a cruel joke on me because when I click under file in DSP, I find that the option "burn and format" isn't highlighted with means that it won't let me burn the damn thing.

I am so lost. I am using 10.2.4 and am wondering if that may be the problem seeing that everyone using 10.2.3 aren't having these problems.

I am very "burned" out and have already wasted 4 dvd-r's. If anyone has any answers or is having similar problems please help me!

Gracias

Ty Roc

2. mike71

mike71 Guest

3. beem237

beem237 Member

This method may work fine to create a vhs style dvd, but how can I effectly create an exact copy of a dvd under 4.7 gigs?

Gracias,

Ty Roc

4. mike71

mike71 Guest

5. faydog

faydog Member

Are you restarting into OS 9 and THEN running DVDExtractor 0.9b? If not, you have to do that. DVDExtractor doesn't work in OS X, or in Classic. Once you've saved the image in DVDExtractor, reboot into OS X. Then run Toast Titanium 5.1 or later. Go to the "Other" pane and select Disc Image from the pop-up menu. (Don't try to "mount" the disc image like you would a disc image you create through Disc Copy. This is a different type of image.) Once you've selected Disc Image in Toast, drag and drop the image you created in DVDExtractor onto Toast. It will appear in the Other pane with the words "UDF Bridge" (IF you've done everything correctly). Once you see those words you're good to go. Pop in a blank DVD-R and hit Record. That should work. If it doesn't, reply back.

6. beem237

beem237 Member

Thanks for the advice, I will not be able to try it until next week when I return to my imac. Hopefully it works this time!

Kudos all,

Ty Roc

Last edited: Mar 10, 2003