1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help Me

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Swim56530, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Swim56530

Swim56530 Member

I have a question. I have been using 2 types of DVD+R media. One is Ridata and the other is a brand called ValueDisc from Office Max. I write both at 4x. The problem I have lies with the ValueDisc sometimes. On some of the discs, the movie will become fuzzy and freeze at a certain point. But then when I take the disc out and wipe it down, it plays at that section just fine. This is happening on a built-in tv DVD player and an x-box. Also, when I play the skipping DVD on another DVD player, it plays fine. Once, a part of a movie messed up on my laptop but then I tried it a few days later and it worked just fine. I spoke to a guy at circuit city and he told me that it was probably the players. I have burned a lot of these ValueDiscs so I don't want to use anymore if they are the problem. Please Help!

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Swim,

Flip is 100% on the nose. Crappy discs aren't just a matter of quality(like VHS, cassettes, etc.)it's a matter of the copy working at all!

Riteks cost under .50 each w/free shipping, so it isn't a question of money either. Stick with the tried and true and you eliminate that as a possibility when something goes wrong.

ValueDiscs suck and I would recommend redoing your backups you've used them on, because one day you might put one in and find it doesn't work at all!!

Yep, that's right, they can still go bad down the road.