1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by benfica1, Nov 17, 2004.

1. benfica1

benfica1 Member

Hi all,can someone please help me-Its the 1st time I have downloaded a film just to try it out, the file is ending in avi from emule. I opened up the film in windows media but it will only play the sound-no image at all. What is wrong?
    Also another question- when I open up nero do I click on make dvd-video(I want to be able to play back on a dvd player)I also tried doing this with the above avi file and dragging the file but it says no compatible file found!
    I just don't really know what to do!

Thankyou

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

*I opened up the film in windows media but it will only play the sound-no image at all.

This is probably due to the fact you do not have the needed video codec for the .avi file. Sometimes window media player would offer to search the web for the needed video codec, and often time it would fail to find a right one. As an alternative, you may download a different media player with a video codec pack to view .avi and other audio/video files. I have Media Player Classic + K-lite Codec Pack as an alternative myself. You can download them for free from here:
    http://www.k-litecodecpack.com/

Note that Media Player Classic is already included in the K-lite Codec Pack and you'll know when you install the software. You should have no problem viewing .avi files and/or ordinary DVD files after installing Media Player Classic together with K-lite Codec. Do try it out.
    Good luck!

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

4. benfica1

benfica1 Member

Thanx 4 that it now opens, it will burn to a cd but it wont play in my dvd player-any ideas at all any1?
    Thankyou

5. scf_au

scf_au Regular member