1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help me...

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by ospnyc, Nov 29, 2004.

1. ospnyc

ospnyc Member

I have a PowerBook G4 w/ superdrive (cd & dvd burner) which includes iDVD. Is this enough for me to be able to backup a dvd that I can view on my tv.

Also I have some avi files that I would like to convert so that I can view it on my tv using my dvd player which plays vcd format as well. How can I do this?

Thanks.

2. BOOGIEMAN

BOOGIEMAN Member

I have a PowerBook G4 w/ superdrive (cd & dvd burner) which includes iDVD. Is this enough for me to be able to backup a dvd that I can view on my tv.(www.fastdvdcopy.com or look in the section at the top for a complete guide.)

Also I have some avi files that I would like to convert so that I can view it on my tv using my dvd player which plays vcd format as well. How can I do this? (Toast will take care of this for you www.roxio.com)

3. ospnyc

ospnyc Member

Thanks BOOGIEMAN :)

If I use TOAST will it take a long time to convert a 2 hr movie and should I convert it to vcd or dvd format?

4. BOOGIEMAN

BOOGIEMAN Member

As in copy a movie or convert your avi's to a dvd.

5. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

If you simply need to backup a dvd that you made then you should be able to just do a disc copy within the OS. If it is a "commercial" dvd like Spiderman, then follow the rip/compress/burn thread. Either way idvd will not do what you want.

idvd will let you author a 1 hour movie that YOU make in imovie or quicktime.

MG