1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me :(

Discussion in 'PS2' started by AmirROCKS, Feb 10, 2005.

1. AmirROCKS

AmirROCKS Member

I just downloading a game for playstaion and burnt it. I burnt it using NERO onto a DVD(nero, burn-image) it was an iso file. I put it in my ps2, and it was very slow on the video at the start. Like itw o uld freeze, but the music would still be going. It was lagging extremely.

Then when i started at the menu, everytime i switched menus, it would stall and the sound would stop and then it would come back but it happens so constantly that its really a nusance. I was wondering if there is anything i can do to fix this> Any help would be really appreciated.

2. clumzy

clumzy Guest

What kind of media are you using? Poor media may attibute some of these problems.

3. AmirROCKS

AmirROCKS Member

Memorex DVD R. It's worked before my burning. But this time it's really laggy, and it may have been a write error but there was no error shown.

4. Niobis

Niobis Regular member

I have the same problem and I used Nero to do it. I made my first back-up and it worked great for about a week, then I try to play an orignal and the noises coming from my PS2 were horrendous! So I stopped playing back-up for a while and it went back to normal so I tried to play another back-up I had made and I am having the same problem you are. I'm not sure if it is Nero, the media we use(I use Sony DVD+R) or just our PS2 lasers but I quit trying to back-up games until I figure out what I am doing wrong before I destroy my laser.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

it may just be Nero. I backup my games all the time with DVD Decrypter and play them more than the originals. I have no problems with my backup or my PS2.
    Try burning it with DVD Decrypter and see what happens.
    I have Nero but i never use it.I do use high quality media too Phillips 8X DVD-R always work great in my PS2, they cost a bit more and can be harder to find but work excellent. I get mine at Office Depot because i can never find them at Circuit City or BetsBuy

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005