1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help Me!?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by mr182, Feb 20, 2005.

1. mr182

mr182 Guest

Hey,
    I Need Help Booting THUG2. I Have Burned The Backup Using DVDdecrypter And The Burn Was Successful, However The Game Will Not Boot Up, I Get The Error Message Saying"Invalid PS2 Disk."
    I Am Using SwapMagic 3 And A Fliptop Lid.
    Also Im Using Ridata Printable G04/MM02 4x Ritek DVD-r That I Purchased Here: http://ukdvdr.co.uk/shop/product.php?productid=17273&cat=260&page=1

Thanks, And Please Someone Help :)

2. mr182

mr182 Guest

3. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

how fast did u burn? did u try a special boot? how large is the iso you burned?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2005
  4. steimy

steimy Active member

Also if you have Swap Magic 3.0 then you may need to use DVD Loader to load it
    I checked and i did not see it on the list of games that need it but it's worth a try.
    http://www.swapmagicfix.com/
    put in Swap Magic
    Swap out for CD Loader or DVD Loader using fliptop, whichever you get. I have DVD Loader because you can burn it to a DVD.
    then when it asks for a disc PRESS EJECT and put Swap Magic back in.
    Then when it asks for disc swap out with backup via fliptop.

5. FLSGod

FLSGod Guest

Hey Gullliver, I have the same problem. I actually have a MODDED-PS2 so I can play any PS2 games directly.

However, when I use DVD loader with action replay to start the game. I always get "INVALID DISC" from DVD loader...but some games I am ok, i get "PS2 DVD".

I think it's the way I burn some of these games...do i need to burn it very slowly so it will burn the boot sector onto the backup as well? I forgot how to burn the boot sector onto the backup. Please help

6. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

Generally the slower you burn the better your chances of a good burn. As far as burning sectors I'm not really sure. But if you can burn at 2x than that's the best...then again I always burn at 4x because either my burner or my discs won't burn slower, and I haven't had a bad disc yet:)

Then again if these backups work fine for you when you're not using action replay then I don't think your problem is your backups. Maybe you should try using cdloader instead. I'm not really sure though cuz I haven't had to use dvd loader or cd loader yet, but from what I understand they're the same except the dvd loader is a larger file.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005