1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help! Months long problem. RE: DVD-RWs

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Trek234, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Trek234

Trek234 Guest

Hi all,

I really need some help here. This has been the case for months and I have no idea what is wrong.

I have a Toshiba SD-R5002 with 1031 firmware.

I am using Windows XP SP1 with an Asus A7V8X system board. I have my SD-R5002 on the secondary onboard IDE channel.

Here is my problem -

I can burn DVD-R, CD-R, and CD-RW with out fail always. No problems at all.

However, when I try to use DVD-RW everything goes to hell. I have used Memorex, Verbatim, Princo, Optodisc, and TDK DVD-RW media.

Whenever I try to erase the media with Nero, EZCD 6, InstantCD, or Alcohol 120% (ignore TOC) I get an error. With Nero the error is "logical unit not ready".

I try to format using full erase. Sometimes it will get to 10% or sometimes to 50% but with out fail before it finishes I get "logical unit not ready" all of a sudden.

SOMETIMES it will format with quick format. However, then when I try to burn a DVD-RW in the middle of the burn the error again!

Can anyone tell me what's wrong here?? This is REALLY annoying. I am TOTALLY unable to use DVD-RW.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

More info -

When I try to burn a DVD-RW with EZCD6 I get this error (this failed at 83% done):

E8004187b: Disc error - corrupted format - [05/30/05]
    E80041934: TrackWriter error - Flush failed - [T7127]
    E80041925: TrackWriter error - Command retry failed - [T7118]
    E8004187b: Disc error - corrupted format - [05/30/05]
    E80004005: Unspecified error

2. dstb

dstb Member

hmmm...this is a tough 1...best thing u can do is call the place or call toshiba about the problem..if that gets you no ware, try uninstalling the burner and re-installing. I had a buddy that had a phillips dvd burner and was getting a similar problem. But he returned it and bought a pioneer, and no problems...try prassi primo program...might work...and another thing...make sure you only have 1 dvd burning program installed at a time, they are known to conflict with each other. Sorry I couldnt be more help...good luck