1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP: MS28 flash nightmare

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by bharv2003, Jan 3, 2008.

1. bharv2003

bharv2003 Member

I have tried for about 10 hrs with no success to flash this thing with Xtreme bootmaker, and I even bought the VIA chipset. I think I may be losing my mind as when I turn off the XBOX and hit the primary, it only says:

Port: 8c00, Master/Slave:a0

There is no mention of the "pause" and the port error mentioned in "Hacking the Xbox 360 for Dummies Guide". It obviously is not recognizing the drive, and I don't understand how to get it to. PLEASE HELP

If you need anymore information, send a reply or PM.

Thank you for any help!!!

2. tcs614

tcs614 Member

before u select which drive you want to flash in mtkflash, power off the xbox, wait 5-10 seconds (6 worked for me and 10 didn't) then power on ur xbox and at the same time hit the number for the drive you want to flash. Try this several times, it definately works if you have the via 6421 card.

3. tcs614

tcs614 Member

also dont use xtreme bootmaker for ur samsung. Get the latest ixtreme firmware (currently v1.4) and use iprep to create ur bootable device. You need to download the latest version of iprep and the newest iprep definition to do this. You can get iprep, the iprep definition and the firmware from xbins or eurasia.nu by searching iprep and ixtreme. If you want to use xbins search to find out how to use it.

4. tcs614

tcs614 Member

and one more thing. You mentioned above that you selected primary for the drive. When I used my via 6421 card, the drive came up as xtreme. Im not sure if ur either not selecting it, or if your drive is not recognized by mtkflash because it is not hexedited. When you use iprep, it should automatically recognize your via and hexedit your mtkflash for the chipset when you make the bootable device.