1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help! My ps3 isn't working! (ReactPSN)

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by killatopak, Nov 8, 2012.

1. killatopak

killatopak Member

I tried installing reactpsn. I did the vsh.self thing while backing up my original vsh.self. exited multiman and tried installing the reactpsn pkg. some error occurs which made installing it not possible. tried multiple times on different versions of react psn and finally gave up. I woke up this morning and tried to install it again and the ps3 power is on but the controller doesn't recognize that it is and my tv doesn't show anything. I tried checking the back if anything is unplugged but it's all ok. Weird thing though is that I don't think the fan is spinning leading me to think that I bricked my PS3.

I really need all the help and advise I could get.

If someone is knowledgable about this please help me.

P.S. I did not get RSOD. BTW my ps3 is the 120gb slim one and I am also using 3.55 kmeaw. One more thing, I don't quite remember if I turned the setting to modify vsh.self files on the MM off though is highly likely that I did.

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

playing with the vsh.self can lead to a brick... vsh.self loads the XMB(cross media bar) if it does not load it the unit will get stuck or worse get bricked... try recovery and reinstall the cfw again... now we just need to determine if the unit is fully bricked or not... does it turn on? and when it does... there's any beep you hear apart for the initial power on beep? power on > beep > 5 secs later > 3 beeps red light blinking? btw why didn't you try the auto patches?