1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help! NASTY PEOPLE at the M33 forum!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Zan88, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Zan88

Zan88 Regular member

Hey ho

I recently asked a question at the official M33 forum.... and some horrible guy was just.. plain rude to me. So maybe you can shed some light on what he is saying to me without making me sound like an idiot? Lol

Here is a link to the conversation.

M33Forum

2. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Just ignore him, you get d***heads everywhere, AD included at times.

And, not being big headed, i know my way around a PSP fairly well, but i don't play PSX games and havn't come across popsloader either (So shoot me).

Anyway, looked on google, found this on maxconsole:

"Sony changed the PS1 emulation a lot between different versions. Most people say that the POPS in 3.51 is best but for some troublesome games it may be better to run an older version of POPS, so the POPSloader was born. It's usefulness today is arguable but the fact that it (apparently) works is still great. Choice is *always* good IMHO."

Then someone else said:

"It's usefulness is by no means arguable - there are some games working only with older versions of pops (Speed Freaks, Destruction Derby 2, Tomb Raider 2 to name a few)."

Here's the whole thread if you want it.

Hope that gives you some idea of what it is. Not sure where you can download it though.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  3. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

hahaha that guy didnt even seem rude.. 88? arent you like 18 or 19 then? gota quit bein a ghurl. nasty people at m33 forum.. hahhaah and you didnt have to say jesus christ. thats funny.

4. atreyu187

atreyu187 Member

If you want to use POPS loader then you will need to install the plugin's that are packed with the M33 3.52-2 release. Upgrade to that one and use the Sony UMD ISO loader. Then on the root of you mem stick make a folder called seplugin's if you don't have one. Then the plugins that are in the 3.52-2 update. the file name is popsloader.prx and POPS.txt. Open the .txt file and make sure it looks like this

ms0:/seplugins/popsloader.prx

So if done right you have a folder named seplugins in your root stick and the two files mentioned above just power off the PSP (hold the power for like 5 secs) once it is off just hold the R button on the PSP and power on again.

BTW check the M33 official site for the update's. I'm new here and am unsure if I could post the link as it is that type of material. Just look around you'll find it there are the "usual" places. ;)

Release the button and the Recovery Menu should come up. Once there simply go to plugins and enable popsloader.prx. Then exit and start up your PSXPSP game and before starting it will ask which FW you would like to use. it gives you the option of 3.40, 3.51, and original from flash (3.52-2). Select 3.51 and you will run the game under that FW instead 3.52-2 and all of your problems are solved. Hope this helps!!!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  5. Zan88

Zan88 Regular member

ok guys thanks for your help so far but i followed your instructions to the letter atreyu and i have a problem.

When i start the psx game i get the option to start using 3.40, 3.51 and original from flash - but if i try to select 3.40 or 3.51 nothing happens for a minute then my pspw just turns off.

Am i missing something???

Thanks!

6. atreyu187

atreyu187 Member

Actually that is new to me, but I will post asap after I consult some of the PSP god's