1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(PLEASE HELP) Need Help With Nero Home DVD-rw BURNING

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by greensky1, Jul 9, 2007.

1. greensky1

greensky1 Member

Hi i have a sony dvd player and i would like to play my home made dvd movies on it. However whenever i try to use the dvd-video option in nero and burn it the dvd player says (Playing this disc prohibited by area limits ). I tryied to use the (Anydvd) but i just ued its defualt settings and burned the dvd-rw in the nreo dvd-video option. I have some downloaded video-files which i want to play on my dvd can SOMEONE PLEASE HELP me with my problem ASAP. THANK YOU.

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

greensky1,
    Are the files in NTSC or PAL format and what region are you located in. What region is the DVD Player in? (you can get that in Device Manager)

3. greensky1

greensky1 Member

well im in usa so im guessing its NTSC for my dvd player. And i thing because the player is giving me the area prohibated sign, it could mean that there is some region issue with the video format. So thanks for your respond.

4. greensky1

greensky1 Member

well now i have done a bit of research and burned the video files with nero onto a DVD-RW. The dvd plays, however the video playback is veryslow. Sorta like something you would get when you play video files on a dial-up connection. I had previously used the burned dvd-rw and earsed it a couple of times. Could this be a problem. I was also wondering if this problem would go away if i used a brand new DVD-R dick to burn my videos. THANKS

5. greensky1

greensky1 Member

Sorry for the inapporiate word in the previous replay, it was a type-o.