1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help, new computer wont copy

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by mscott72, Apr 24, 2005.

1. mscott72

mscott72 Member

I have been reading things on here for a long time and until now have never needed to post. You guys are the best and always give great advise, so i hope you can help me, here it goes.

I just baught a new computer and now i can not copy my ps2 games,
    dvd movies copy fine with no problems.
    The computer is a Sony Vaio VGC-RA830G, good computer atleast i think so. The game will copy fine but will not play at all.
    always gets stuck at the load.
    I am using Nero, Dvd decrypter, sonic recordnow, nothing works,
    My boot methed is with swap magic,

The dvd drive is (sony dvd rw dw-d22a), it is set for ultra dma. check that the first time i started the computer.

If you need more info let me know what you need and i will give it.
    i would like any help help you can give to fix this problem.
    Oh the game is (hot wheels stunt track challenge) by THQ

thanks again for any help
    Mscott72

2. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

did your computer come with drag n drop software?check the programs menu if you are not sure.

3. mscott72

mscott72 Member

Ok I dubbled checked a dont see any, it came with (sony click to dvd), but that is for making movies. not for file tranfers.

I am useing Ritek G-04 dvd-r, the first time that i have any problem with them same pack from old computer.
    Thanks again,
    Mscott72

4. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

the reason i asked is because i have a sony vaio that came with the program drag n drop cd+dvd.and i can copy ps2 games(under 9gb) with it alone.sonic solutions makes the program and sounds like they might make your sonic recordnow program.so if you got a backup disc option on your prog you might want to try that first.

have you burned games before and got them to work?

5. mscott72

mscott72 Member

yes, but not on this new computer. i am thinking that it is in the software some ware but i am not for sure. I am going to try to copy a game that i already have copied to see if that works. I will post the results.
    Mscott72

6. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

what i was trying to say is dont use dvd decrypter or any other prog except for your recorgnow prog.if it has an option to backup disc.see if it will work by itself.make sure the game is under 4.4gb.if you use decrpyter to make an iso it is best to burn that iso with decrypter rather than use another prog to burn the iso.

7. mscott72

mscott72 Member

got ya, hey i just tried a difrent game (WWE smackdown here comes the pain) with Nero works great i have to TOC refreash but it plays great and loads fast.
    It must have to do with the game that i was tring to copy itself (hot wheels stunt track challenge) oh well i will just have to keep an eye on the kids when they play so that it dont get messed up.
    Thanks for your help,
    I did try what you said, here are the results in order:
    1: Nero game loads very slow and gets stuck on the second splash screen.

2: Dvd decrypter game dose not load at all.

3: sonic recoardnow loads the same as nero, no difrence

hopefully someday they will figure it all out but untill then we will just have to keep trying, you would think that they would come up with a way for people to back-up there collecton, because spending another 40 or 50 bucks to replace a game that got damaged it not alot of fun,(had to do that 3x) and that sucked.........
    Thanks again, you guys are the BEST
    Mscott72