1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help new user of swap!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by SorinJr, Apr 5, 2005.

1. SorinJr

SorinJr Member

..I just bought a fliptop and swap 3.3 set for my v9 ps2 and it wont work. i manage to boot the swap but i tried putting games or movies or audio cd and absolutely nothing works. please help. keeps sayin it's not a valid ps2 disc. i put the dvd disc and then i lift the fliptop and place a game or a movie and nothing. then i tried with the swap cd version, and i put a audio cd and an mp3 cd and nothing still!! I used tdk, memorex,verbatim. all are recorded at low speeds. please help.(oh some are recorded at 8x but the game is at 1x and 2x and nothing...tks for the help guys.

2. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

did it make any noises?and did it attempt to read the disc?

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

swap magic is ONLY for games. Backup movies boot right up, audio cds boot right up, mp3 cds don't work. What ps2 games have you tried and what brand dvdr did you burn to?

4. SorinJr

SorinJr Member

It does try to read the cd for a couple of seconds but then says not valid ps2 disc. I tried call of duty. i burnt it with dvd decryptor and another copy with nero. both at very small speeds.

5. SorinJr

SorinJr Member

And the ps2 wont read any of my backed up movies or burnt audio cds...nothing. only original stuff :( pls help

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i'd try a different game. For burnt movies and cd's, just put them in your ps2, don't use swap magic. You are hitting x once you put the backup game in right? You could also try hitting square.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  7. SorinJr

SorinJr Member

Hey thanks for sticking with me and trying to help me! Well, ya i tried both ways, i even tried to change video from normal to ntsc and back and nothing. and movies..NONE. does it matter the dvd-r that i use? they're tdk, memorex and verbatim. they're and gold-ish..is that a problem?what do u recommend?i burnt the movies at 8x mostly. well my crappy dvd player reads them but why wont the ps2?

8. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

according to the swap magic web site,they dont have a fliptop for v9 ps2.just v4-v8 and the new slims.maybe they just came out with one?

9. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

http://www.swapmagic3.com

go to this link to checkout the fliptop.they have an installation guide you can use to see if you missed astep in your install.just click on magic case at the top of the page.

10. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i have a v9 with a fliptop. You shouldn't burn movies over 4x. How did you copy the game?

11. SorinJr

SorinJr Member

used the new dvd decryptor to make the image then i burnt the image with the decryptor at 2x or 1x..i forgot. then, having the image on the pc i used nero and burnt it at one of those speeds also.but absolutely nothing works.i mean if i put the game in the dvd burner i can play them i think cuz it has everything!

12. SorinJr

SorinJr Member

used the new dvd decryptor to make the image then i burnt the image with the decryptor at 2x or 1x..i forgot. then, having the image on the pc i used nero and burnt it at one of those speeds also.but absolutely nothing works.i mean if i put the game in the dvd burner i can play them i think cuz it has everything!

13. SorinJr

SorinJr Member

Hey sly_61019 u said u have a v9. when u installed the fliptop, u removed 2 little screws right? the one that holds the power and eject butons u left it alone there right?so basically the buttons never came off right?

14. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yeah, you leave the buttons alone.

15. SorinJr

SorinJr Member

So what should I do now guys? Anybody? What dvd brand should I use and what type? do u guys have a picture of one? should it be gold-ish or blue-is? tks.

16. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

usually bluish.what does the label say,exactly, on the goldish disc? say

17. SorinJr

SorinJr Member

Hey guys! Good news. It works! I found out why it wasn't working. It kinda depends on how u put the dvd in the tray.Try to touch the dvd with the tip of your finger and see if it spins a bit....if it does then it will work :D that was it. and i tried the movies and they work also perfectly. i remember i tried once a couple and didn't work but i guess i was wrong...maybe it was a bad dvd copy or blank one :D i don't know, i'm just happy it works. I burnt call of duty with dvd decryptor at 2x i think and then also with nero at 1x so i have 2 great copies :D I am so happy. Now i'm just gonna wait for things to show up for the psp that my gf just bought me :) peace. tks guys for the help.