1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP...NEWBIE HERE...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Jimi1, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Jimi1

Jimi1 Member

The past several avi torrents I have downloaded have the audio missing, well that's what it says when I try to convert it from avi format to dvd format. But when I look at the properties of the avi files, it says that the audio is MPEG LAYER 3 is there. I checked to see if my system could run that MPEG LAYER 3 with an online test & I could, but the avi's won't play or burn. I finally was able to play the file in DivX player(even though the DivX Converter said it was missing MPEG1 & unable to convert)& I was able to convert it to dvd format with DVD Flick but when I burned it, the audio was "spuratic" at best! This has never happened to me before.

I tried a new free program called AVI2DVD & after I tried one conversion & it failed (it looked like it went into a "dos" like window to convert...scary), that's when the above problems started to happen, every avi torrent I download now I cannot burn or play because it says the audio file is missing or the audio is not supported. Again, never happened before. Also, after the failed attempt with AVI2DVD I uninstalled it.

I would GREATLY appreciate any help with this MAJOR problem I am having. I am only a hobbiest & as most of you can tell by my lingo, not a professional so, again, I would greatly appreciate any guidance with this issue.

Many thanks to all that assist!!

Thank you,

Jimi

2. Jimi1

Jimi1 Member

Hi everyone,

Would someone PLEASE help me out with this issue (please see first message in this thread)!?! I really have now idea what is going or why this is happening so I am turning to your expertise.

Anyway, I would GREATLY APPRECIATE anyone who could assist me here or even shed a bit of light on the issue & why it may be happening.

Jimi1

3. attar

attar Senior member

Drag the file into 'GSpot'.
    Check to see if the Video and Audio codecs are installed.
    If so, click button 1 then if button 2 becomes available, click on that.
    Your file will play in a small window complete with sound.

[​IMG]

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

jimi1 it is always a good thing berore you download a torrent to look at the comments to find out if there is anything wrong with the file, like no sound or audio out of sync, also make sure that you have all the codecs on your system, you could try using convertxtodvd, it is a great program, well worth the money, it has a trial but it leaves a watermark on the converson but after you buy the program the program if the real macoy

5. attar

attar Senior member