1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help / Opinions / Ideas

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by btortman, Nov 4, 2004.

1. btortman

btortman Member

I have an Optorite 0405 8x DVD-+RW. I rip with DVD shrink and burn with Nero. I've tried Memorex +R 8x, Fujifilm -R, Ritek DVD -R 4x NP07 (Crap), and Verbatim DataLife -R 8x. Everything (except the Ritek) seems to rip and burn just fine. I burn with Nero using the Optorite. Almost every movie DVD5 or DVD9 seems to rip and burn fine except half way to 3/4 way through it starts pixilizing and usually freezes. I play with a Panasonic DVD player which seems to be more sensitive than my xbox. Movies skip and pixilize more with the Panasonic. Movies seem to play fine with Power DVD on my PC. Does this mean that my players just suck or does anyone have an opinion on the optorite? I've tried burning the movies on 8x,4x,and 2.4x, it doesn't seem to matter. Any thoughts?????

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Ripping a DVD has nothing at all to do with your discs, it only deals with your PC, it's specs and your software.

For burning -
    Here's a fix. Compress your DVD to somewhere around 4.3GB instead of the recommended 4360MB. I.e., Go into DVD Shrink, "Edit", "Preferences" then set the "DVD Target Size" to "Custom" and enter 4300MB as the size. Reducing the amount of Data to be burned it keeps your burning away from the disc's edges where the dye tends to be uneven and may even be brittle and flaking.

Let me know if it makes a difference for you -

Pete

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent IV CPU 2.84GHz, 1024MB RAM, 520GB HD.
    Pioneer 107, 8X R/W , Nec R/W ND-1300A, JLMS DVD ROM.
    128MB GeForce4 TI 4200, O/S XP[/small]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2004
  3. btortman

btortman Member

Sounds like a good tip. Thanks, I'll try it. I'll let u know if it helps.