1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help! OptoRite Burner Problem!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Murdos, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Murdos

Murdos Member

Alright, I just got a new OptoRite 52x burner, Installed it, installed the bundled Nero and upgraded it. Sat down burned 8 cds with no problem at all at 40x, then with the 9th cd, the burner got to 21% and then stopped, and the light went red on the burner. If I shutdown Nero the burner just keeps running, and I have to Shut down the computer to make it stop. Its done this to about 5-6 cds now, without one going correctly. I tried updating the firmware, and it went through it but said it didnt change the Bios, even though the firmware for it shows up as being the new version. Im Running Win Xp Pro, Athlon Xp 2000, 768 meg pc2100 Ram, Geforce4 ti4600 128 meg, The computer was originally HP, with some added in Ram. What could be causing this?? Any suggestions? Thanks

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Well the drive shouldn't hang, but anyway check the DMA settings of Windows, in the device manager -> IDE channels. Switch to "DMA if available" and boot.

3. Murdos

Murdos Member

I changed all the IDE controllers that could be changed to that, but still having the same problem even after restarting. And I know the media is good because I burnt 8 with them just fine.