1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help! Pc shuts off when burning starts

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by bodiboom, Mar 1, 2007.

1. bodiboom

bodiboom Member

Please help if you have any idea's. I recently installed Nero and when I try to burn a project on DVDr my system shuts down. I've tried everything I can think to fix the problem but nothing seems to solve it.I have tried new 550w power supply- new CPU fan that has never allowed temp to reach over 100 degrees F- Updated all drivers, firmware, Nero apps, and bios- applied new silver thermal grease- uninstalled all other burning software including dvd43- checked all antispyware/ virus, etc...- did system restore- I have plenty of memory/ ram/ and room on hard drive.-my motherboard, hard drive, and just about everything else is less than 2 months old. I did not have any problems until I installed Nero. I've also tried uninstalling Nero and use other burn software and my system shuts down when using them too. I'm at my wits end!! Help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Do you show anything in Event Viewer that might indicate the problem?

Does it shut down when you burn the project to an image file or only when the burner actually starts to work.

I would suspect a driver conflict with the burner, or maybe a memory problem. Maybe, if you have one, you could post a NeroHistory log after removing your serial numbers. If you don't have one, try doing a simulated burn, or burn to hard drive to see if you can get one.

If you can't do any of that, maybe an InfoTools readout would help. Hopefully your system won't shutdown when you run it.

And I suppose your serial number is correct. And it shuts down with any Nero Burning utility, or just one. For example, will NeroVision burn a DVD?