1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP!! PS2 came apart!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by valannb22, Jun 9, 2007.

1. valannb22

valannb22 Guest

My nephew dropped my ps2 and it came apart. All the little ribbons came loose and I don't know where they all go or how to put them back together. Can anyone help? I am not techno saavy at all, so simple steps and pics would help immensly! Thanks

2. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Can you post a picture of which cables came out? I could then help.

3. valannb22

valannb22 Guest

yeah here is the cd tray
    [​IMG]

and the bottom
    [​IMG]

4. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Ok, if you need I can post pics. The cable on the bottom goes to the laser. the ones from the CD tray go on the side where the reset/eject button cable goes. Hope it helps. I will post pics if needed.

5. valannb22

valannb22 Guest

would you please! THANK YOU!!

6. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

I will post pictures tomorrow morning. By the way, What is the model number of your PS2 (SCPH-xxxxx) This way I can be sure that I am giving you the right information. Different PS2's have different internal locations for things.

7. valannb22

valannb22 Guest

I'm not sure, I don't see the number on it anywhere. I don't think I have the original top of the case anymore either. It is really really old though. I'd say at least 4 years

8. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

The first picture the one that says "yeah, heres the CD tray" the cables go here: [​IMG]
    the single wire on the second picture where it says "and the bottom" goes here:
    [​IMG]
    Hope this helps, I will put up more detailed pics if needed.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  9. valannb22

valannb22 Guest

Thank you, you're awesome! I'll see if I can fix it :)

10. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Let me know if you got it fixed.

11. valannb22

valannb22 Guest

alright I got the some of them back in, but do you know where the one directly under the front of the cd tray opening goes? It's the wide one with the blue end

12. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

could you take a picture and post it please?

13. valannb22

valannb22 Guest

oops nevermind I see it

14. valannb22

valannb22 Guest

nope, still not working. Power comes on, but the game doesn't spin and the browser says no data

15. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

does the laser light up or does the game attempt to read? like spin once as soon as u turn it on?

16. valannb22

valannb22 Guest

nope, no spinning at all

17. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Are the cables in this picture in tightly? You might want to take a flat head screwdriver and push the wires in by putting the screwdriver in between the blue part and the wire and pushing it in carefully but securly
    [​IMG]
    Also, is the cable to the laser in tightly? And does it light up when u turn it on for a second?
    [​IMG]
    The cable that goes to the laser is above the black piece that holds it in place.

18. valannb22

valannb22 Guest

yeah they're in there tightly. Still no go though, anyone have any ideas?

19. valannb22

valannb22 Guest

okay, it came on once and started loading a game. Never got past the loading screen so I reset. Then it gave me the DRE

20. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

If it attempts to load the game and turns on all the connections are perfect. When you loaded the game did u put the DVD drive cover back on or the magnet back on the game? If you did and it gave you the DRE you probably just need to adjust your laser. The fall probably misaligned it. Check this link to realign your laser.
    http://www.tweak3d.net/joomla/tutorials/hardware-repair/playstation-2-repair
    Also, just make sure that when the game is being read that the laser is not slipping on the gear and it is actually griping on well. If these tips might not help you might have to post a video on youtube or something so i can see whats happening. Hope this helps.