1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help!! PS2 not recognizing ANY backups?!?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by tooch420, Apr 1, 2005.

1. tooch420

tooch420 Member

Hi all, can someone please tell me what is going on with my backing up process. First, I have a flip top with HD Advance and 120gb Maxtor. So far I cannot get one backup on the ps2, I used Alcohol 120% and DVD decryptor. If I use HDadvance it tells me that its not an original ps2 game...if I use hd loader it starts but gets a bunch of errors.

2. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

You can't load backups directly onto the PS2. You need to take out the PS2 hard drive. Set the jumper as slave. Hook it up to your PC (with the PC off of course). Download Win_Hiip or HDL_DUMB and select the PS2 hard drive in that program (it won't show up in My Computer). Add the ISO images directly from the PC hard drive. When you are done, shut down your PC and put the HD back in your PS2. Make sure the jumper is set back to master. When you boot HDAdvance the ISO's from your PC will be on there.

3. tooch420

tooch420 Member

Not from what I heard, thats what the flip top is for.

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

5. tooch420

tooch420 Member

I've read that from HDA and it still wont read my backups....what method, removing the hdd. Then what was the point of getting the flip top?