1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP PS2 PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'PS2' started by maoster2, Apr 23, 2003.

1. maoster2

maoster2 Member

Please help me, my PS2 has a chip installed (though I do not know which one) and has started to act up recently. Perhaps it is due to the fact that I use memorex and Maxell DVD-R's or possibly because the laser eye is old and weak or some other problem. My modchip required the action replay and also needed to be swapped from boot disc, to original game to backup game.

My problem is that when I put any cd/dvd/game in, the PS2 does not even spin the disc inside. It used to play once out of ten times. Then the problem became worse and worse and suddenly, just stopped playing. The PS2 at first said disc read error so I thought maybe I replace the laser. However, the next day the discs do not even spin and now whenever I insert a disc and close the tray, it doesnt even check to see if a disc is inserted and I am left in the screen where it shows the memory card. Please help me and tell me what to do.

You can also reach me at maoster2@hotmail.com

Your help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
    Mao

2. J_Man61

J_Man61 Guest

whoa never heard of that. what version do you have. you can do a search and some places sell the disc drives they took out of other machines for about $100. it better than buying a new system