1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*PLEASE HELP* PS3 Display Problem (Not the norm)

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by JubbaMHC, Oct 22, 2007.

1. JubbaMHC

JubbaMHC Guest

Hey guys

I got a 60gb PS3 over the weekend, started off playing it on my girlfriends SD TV and it worked fine, then we hooked it up to her parents HDTV to watch 300 on Blu Ray yadda yadda yadda.

Anyway its now set up in my room on an SD TV, it had no display, I then tried the holding down the power button etc when loading and it displays the screen but the screen is moving about and lines go through it etc. Ive tried 2 different AV/SCART ports on my TV and ive tried 2 different AV/Composite cables (PS2 one aswell as PS3 one) and still not getting a clear picture.

I can work out the menu just about but give your eyes a bit of a work out, any ideas on what I can do? Either by going through the menu or what not

Any help would be highly appreciated

2. liamrabey

liamrabey Regular member

Test it on another SDTV just to ensure its not your telly.

3. pizzag

pizzag Member

i had mine hooked up through hdmi, took it to a friends house and hooked it up to rca's and i got no screen. wouldn't let me change it either. had to hook it back up on my tv to change settings. now if i take it somewhere i have to change the setting of the connection before i leave. and if ur getting weird lines, make sure you only have one video connection plugged in. i used rca's one time while my hdmi was still plugged in and i got weird lines. unplugged my hdmi cable and all was fine. also, you'll get weird lines if you have the setting wrong for output. you know where you choose the type of plugin you use and also where you choose supported resolution such as 480, 480p, 720p and all that jazz. you have to make sure that is correct also. hope this helps ya.