1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**PLEASE HELP.. PSP FROZE UP ON ME....

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by kemikalz, Jul 12, 2007.

1. kemikalz

kemikalz Member

PLEASE HELP ME..... =O[ ...

ok so i was trying to downgrade my psp from 3.51.. i must have gotten confused and i was trying to install umd emulator for some reason. i alrdy had the iso file on the psp but it wasnt working so i tryed to install umd emulatrr... i didnt remove the original folders psp/ ect...

i jsut added the new files/folder from (umd emulator) and named it psp 2 along with the umdemulator folder and readme file..
    - now i stopped the usb connectxx...
    ---once i did that my psp froze up... utto.. i paniked*** it wouldnt let me shutoff the psp.. so i removed the battery and tryed to restart...
    now i cant even restart to do anything.. i donno what to do??...
    someone..anyone..PLEASE HELP ME >=O[

IS THE POSSIBLY LIKE A SAFE MODE OR SOMEHOW I CAN GET ONTO THE PSP TO REMOVE THE FILES I JUST PUT ON THERE ... i cannot even start the device... wtfffff!

2. xmaxonx

xmaxonx Member

Sounds like you bricked if it doesnt work at all even if you remove the battery and put it back in. You cannot downgrade a version 3.51 PSP so you most likely bricked your PSP.

3. Hardball

Hardball Regular member

yeah man sounds like bricked your psp. 3.51 isnt downgradable yet as far as i know. so i hate to say it your bricked! sorry

4. pspmexicn

pspmexicn Member

bricked it if ur wanranty is still good send it to sony to get it repaired (wont matter what firmware u get u got the highest-_-)and if ur lucky u might get something less than 3.51

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  5. kemikalz

kemikalz Member

PLEASE DISREGARD.. I FIXED THE PROBLEM.. ALL SET.. I DONNO WHAT I DID BUT IM GOOD.. THRED COMPLETED!!.. THANKS ALL..ILL BE MORE CAREFUL NXT TIME...
    KEM:::..

6. dwaynep

dwaynep Regular member

so it was semi bricked

7. kemikalz

kemikalz Member

i put anothr psp folder on the chip i think. so when i went to start up. it didnt know where to boot from. cause i never erased the other folders before i put the new ones on there.... when i would remove the chip, it bootd up , but once i put it in it would freeze.i had to format everything. ..lost all data.. but it was ok after that.. only problm that sucks is after all tht. im still stuck with 3.51..wtf.. lol.. owell. maby a few months i can downgrade..

8. Meatwad3

Meatwad3 Member

DUDES, it had nothing to do with bricking becasue he never edited he flash!, it was memorystcik corruption, it doesnt boot from the memory stick so u never did anything wrong, it was a mem stick error that was freezing it, it had nothing to do with a brick