1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help. Question regarding DVD decryupter/Nero

Discussion in 'PS2' started by celcast, Jan 21, 2004.

1. celcast

celcast Member

I have been trying to backup a ps2 dvd for some time now and after many unsuccessful attempts ive decided to ask for some help. I have read through many guides and searched the forum for answers yet i still need abit of help (please excuse my stupidity).

I have managed to burn an iso image from the ps2 disk on to my computer. My question is where do i go from here? Do I either

A)Using DVD decryter write the iso onto a blank dvd-r.
    OR
    B)Use nero. If this is the case how do write the iso to the blank disk? I have Nero 6 ultra edition. If possilbe can there be step by step instructions please?

Also does this method work for all ps2 dvd-5's.

I understand this question probably has been asked many times before but im having trouble trying to find an answer in the forum. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks for your time

2. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

OK I'll give you a step by step process on how to burn the image with nero 6. I usually don't use nero anymore for backuping up my dvd games, I use alcohol 120%. Much easier if you want to transfer image to hard drive and burn off of. But thats another story. Ok first... Nero 6 comes with the program called nero express thats in it. Well go to nero express and click the option where it says [bold]Disc image or saved project[/bold]. It is the very last option. When you click it, just search for your image on your hard drive. Wherever you saved it. Then open it. Then everything should work from there. Insert blank dvdr disc and it should burn the image to the disc. Follow the nero steps from there.

For your other question... this method of burning will work with all ps2 dvd-5's.

Also if you got the image from the disc using dvd decrypter, i'm not sure if you'll be able to burn with nero. Well i'm probably wrong. If it doesn't work, get the image from the disc using nero, then burn.

3. jsevold

jsevold Member

Also if you have more that one drive in your computer, for example: a cdrw and a dvdrw/cdrw, make sure you have the proper burner selected.

4. celcast

celcast Member

Thanks for your quick reply.
    Just two more quick questions.

After I used dvd decrypter i got two files. One is an .iso file and the other is an .MDS file. Do i only need to burn the .iso file or both. I read on the forum that you only need to burn the .mds file, but is that right? Its only 5K and if i burn the one file wont it lose some of its quality? If I use alchol will I also get the two files?

Also can i just write the iso with dvd decrypter or do i have to use nero.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 21, 2004
  5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

in nero burn the iso file... in dvd decryptor use the mds file to load the iso... in other words in nero load iso... in dvd load mds... also in alcohol it splits the image and creates 1 to 3 files and it also use mds file as a loding...

6. celcast

celcast Member

Thanks Cyprien.
    Sorry but i didnt really understand you. So what your saying is

- if I use nero to write onto the dvd then burn only the iso,
    - if I use dvd decrypter write then burn the mds file
    - if I use alcohol to write then burn mds.

Which one is the best quality to use?

Just one more question (sorry for all the questions but I probably have the most expense set of coasters in australia) if i use dvd decrypter to read with, can i then write the file with nero OR do I have to right it with dvd decrypter.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2004
  7. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

i dont know if 120% can burn the files that dvd decryptor made but im not too sure if you can... you better use either dvd or the nero to burn....

nero -> .iso only

dvd decryptor -> loading .mds to burn .iso

120% -> loading .mds to burn .mdf and .md0

let me explain about 120% burning mds...

you see.... when creating image in 120% it creates diffrent set of files than dvd decryptor... while dvd decryptor creats .iso and .mds.... 120% creates .mdf .md0 and .mds... now 120% loads the .mds and loads the rest of the files the .mdf and .md0... you see i never try to burn via 120% the dvd decryptor files..

the mds file(the small 5k file) used as a cue(just like bin and cue)

the cue file loads the image and burn the cd... in this case... the mds file loads the iso and the program burns it... while dvd decryptor has to use the mds... nero burn the iso w/o any mds file... 120% uses the same idea as dvd decryptor... loading the mds to burn mdf and md0... that is all ^_^

8. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Well if you can't do it, just start over and get the image off the game using nero, then burn with nero. But i highly recommend alcohol 120%. You just get the image from the disc, and it shows you where you saved the image. Then you just right click it and click burn image, and it burns.

9. celcast

celcast Member

I understand that some programs easy to use/etc but will the quality change with the program I use.

Thanks

10. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

not really... it's still the same data being shifted around... so it dont really matter what you use to copy...

11. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

No the quality will be the same with whatever program you use. It's not like your copying a movie thats dvd9 and you have to compress it. Thats when you worry about quality and which program to use.

12. celcast

celcast Member

Thanks for all your help so far. Im still having problems (im up to 7 dvd coasters) but im further than i was before.
    I took your advice and tried using tried backing up prince of persia using alcohol 120% twice with no luck. I tried using the guide (in this forum) but i think i may have a different version of alcohol (1.4.8).
    I go into 'image making wizard' and when i go to select cd/dvd device i then can no longer choose the datatype (e.g playstation). I read somewhere in the forum that this was ok.
    Seperate image file every: 4G.
    the image is 3640.09 MB.
    The image turns out alright. When i go to put it onto dvd using alcohol it seems to turn out alright.
    I know the DVD-R can be read by my ps2.
    Yet It still doesnt work on my ps2!!! Man this is annoying.
    I haven't tried it on dvd decrypter yet as i want to see if I can do it on alcohol and i only have one dvd-R left at the moment to practice with.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2004
  13. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

in 120% you doing good so far.... maybe you burn too fast?.... try doing 1x... if you dont have the 1x... try the 2.4x... sometimes maybe it's the dvd-r brand who knows...

14. pma55667

pma55667 Guest

It defo sounds like your media, had the same type of problem. Changed my media to verbatim and hey presto, I'm burning with my my eyes shut now!
    Personally, I dont think u can beat DVD-Decrypter for ease of use & realiabilty!

15. cicihefie

cicihefie Guest

I seem to be having the same problem with silent hill 3 it tells me to go into the files an remove certain files and replace them with the ones found at www.swapmagicfix.com and but I can't seem to get the files open I tried downloading the isobuster that it suggest in another thread but then I need discjuggler the full version and I can't replace the file anyway. I also read somewhere someone wrote that you could just open the cd and copy the files on your computer somewhere and replace it that way, but I honestly don't know what to do after. I also have the same trouble with NHL 2004 replacing the dummy.pad file I tried over and over with no success in successfully replacing the dummy.pad file please help me if someone has a step by step guide from start to finish. Thanks in advance jodys_angel@globetrotter.net