1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help - Sagem DBox won't reflash or let FTP connect

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by KnewBee2, Feb 4, 2007.

1. KnewBee2

KnewBee2 Member

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  2. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

To be honest mate the easiest way outa this would be to reflash, via IFA . what problems do you get when trying to flash through ifa

3. KnewBee2

KnewBee2 Member

the problem is that the box keeps turning off before the reflash is complete.

The only way to keep the box powered on is to do a reset by holding the up arrow and pressing the standby.

But then it just hangs on the initial screen (the one with BMon etc) and doesn't accept the flash?

Any ideas?

4. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Nup but sounds rather wierd, like a faulty box or something. how long approx does it stay on for? So IFA does connect with the box and starts the flash process, but then goes off? Or does it not work at all? Does the lcd screen on the dbox say lade software or something like that when u try to ifa

5. KnewBee2

KnewBee2 Member

The IFA doesn't seem to work at all? When I start it I can get to the "CLick and then turn box on" bit but then box doesn't do anything when I turn it in?

I've tried leaving it on the first screen but it doesn't change. I think it's supposed to say flashing?

6. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Check that none of the front panel buttons are stuck and switching the box off.

7. sidders

sidders Member

8. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

go to http://netwave.redirectme.net/ifa

however in your instance, do the following

keep both DBox turned on

run IFA as normal, selecting the image and your network card

then when the IFA says click OK to start flashing on the DBox hold the standby button and the up arrow for a few seconds, this will warm reboot the box and IFA should start flashing.

did this with a Sagem on Friday -where as the normal pull the power plug and put it back in didnt kick start the IFA - so did the warm reboot method via the front panel buttons and voila it flashed and box running superbly now..

9. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Yeah zappa, when i first got my box that was the only way to flash it lol, i was driving me up the wall because i was use to just pulling the plug and IFA would kick in. But got all sorted in the end now its working a treat.

10. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Hi

Also worked for me when the flashing is finished don't click ok just hold the up & power buttons together for 10 seconds release and it should start loading.Then un plug the cables,then clear the screen by clicking ok on the screen.

Charlie.

11. KnewBee2

KnewBee2 Member

Thanks, just to clarify, when you say "keep box turned on" do you mean by holding the up arrow after it first loads (thereby making it hang on the first screen)

Also, when the IFA says to click OK, do I click ok THEN reset the dbox with the standby and up arrow OR reset the box first? (NB I've been trying it by clicking OK on IFA first as that's what most of the guides say)

How can I make sure the ethernet cable is working and connected properly?
    Thanks again you guys - hopefully won't be too much longer now!

P.S I tried the links above for the manuals - the first requires payment(?) and the second doesn't work?

12. KnewBee2

KnewBee2 Member

Sorry, first link requests, not requires, payment!
    !

13. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Ok heres what to do buddy, turn your box on and hold the up key to keey it on , run Ifa then hit ok first then press power button and up key to do a quick restart. Do you know what i mean?

14. KnewBee2

KnewBee2 Member

Yeah, I've tried that but it still doesn't work!

In the network connections tab, it either says "acquiring address" and only sometimes does it say "connected" (but even then the flash won't take?)

By the way, if the flash does take, where will I see the word "flashing" ? Is it on the first screen or will it go through the motions then stop anywhere?

15. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

If it connects, then when the box starts up you should see a lade software screen on the lcd. To be honest mate if your doing what we say and its still not working then i cant see any other way it would work. What are you flashing with a cross over cable? null cable?

16. KnewBee2

KnewBee2 Member

I'm using a cross over cable (laptop doesn't have null port)

I see the lade software screen every time (whether trying to flash or not)

If I hold the up arrow after resetting the box, it sticks on the lade screen (before it actually says lade though)

Is that what I should be doing? If so, how long (roughly) before it says "flashing"?

Or should I simply hold the standby and up arrow until it resets, then let go so that it loads normally, (and perhaps the flash process stops it here?)

17. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

you know when you start it up and hold the up key would it stay on for as long as your holding that up key? if so then if your box is connected to the laptop does it say that its connected to LAN?. Btw it should say exactly Lade Software then IFA im sure

18. KnewBee2

KnewBee2 Member

I'm not quite following, if I hold the up key for just a second longer than the standby button it hangs on the Bmon screen (but Lade doesn't appear along the bottom) and it does say connected in the network connections tab.

But nothing else happens now!

Perhaps I'm doing stuff in the wrong order?

19. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

ok try this , start the box holding the up button letting it hang on the bmon screen . While its there start ifa when it says in ifa press of then restart the box or something, press ok on IFA then press the power button and hold up untill the lcd screen flickers and bmon starts to appear again however dont hold the up key just let it reboot its self.

20. KnewBee2

KnewBee2 Member

That what I've been doing in Number 1 above, and it doesn't work.

All that happens is the box reboots, the Bmon screen appears Lade... displays along the bottom and the box tries to boot up as before

If the IFA works, I should see "Lade Software IFA" pretty quickly, right?

Thanks again for your help