1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP SEMI BRICK PSP SLIM

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by pspfreak1, Sep 29, 2007.

1. pspfreak1

pspfreak1 Regular member

Guys I NEED SOME HELP!!!!

I wanted to try and put a custom wave on the psp slim v3.71 M33, so i opened up flash 0 (i backed it up), and put in the file "system_plugin_bg.rco" and overwrote the original one. i then wanted to free up some space, so i opened up the "font" folder, took a random font, copied it to my desktop, and renamed it "jpn0.pgf"...then i put that back in psp\font. Now when i exit recovery, it just halfway loads the Sony Computer Entertainment America screen, and then freezes.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. pwner1001

pwner1001 Member

There's a universal unbricker for all psps (including slim). You need an old psp for it though. So you might want to ask to borrow your friends. Here's the link http://pspupdates.qj.net/-UPDATE-Da...-Sony-bug-fix-English-readme/pg/49/aid/103563

You can't be a noob to do this though...read the readme in the zip file, it looks very complicated and thankfully I don't have to worry about it.

Also I bricked my old psp doing the same shit as you, with theme modifying and all that crap. I suggest you don't touch the firmware or flash files again unless you know what you're doing. Before any unbricker came out is when I bricked my psp (almost a year ago) so me and my friends smashed it lol. but anyways I hope this helps.

3. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

Very nice help,pwner1001.I just wanted to ask a question...Do you know how to work it?Because I don't.I want to help some people who bricked their PSP doing the theme change.

P.S.If you had Custom Firmware then I'm very sure you could've recovered it instead of smashing it.I've been with my PSP for around 2 years and only 1 semi-brick -the stupid theme changer-.You need to make sure that the theme is compatible with your PSP firmware...You should know that there's no theme for 3.71M33...So if you do recover back into 3.71M33 then I suggest you to downgrade.http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?p=694755#post694755

Not very dangerous if you do it carefully.I done a successful downgrade from 3.71M33 to 1.5 then back up to 3.40OE-A.

4. pwner1001

pwner1001 Member

Wow I learned something from you lol. Thanks I had no idea themes were editable towards a certain firmware. Well now I know.

But back then when I bricked my psp it had a recovery menu but wouldn't show up when I turned my psp menu and clicked the necessary button combinations. It was oe-a I believe, not m33 even so I probably did a full brick.

As for me helping you..well I can't really do much than what the read me says in the link I provided. If your friends have a FAT psp that is semi-bricked it is MUCH easier to unbrick than on a slim.

The slim debricker is very new meaning, the noobz team(or whoever made it) took drastic measures to try to get around sony's patches to get a debricker.(or unbricker w/e u call it) Hope it helps you though.

5. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

Noobz made it.

6. pspfreak1

pspfreak1 Regular member

i tried using the universal unbricker to unbrick my slim, but when i put the MMS in, the orange light duznt flash or anything like that. it just sits there? is there something rong w/ my pandora battery? because i made it w/ the team C+D tools.

PLease Help

7. pwner1001

pwner1001 Member

well you gotta follow every direction carefully. if your psp is just sitting there try pressing buttons like x or o. otherwise read very very carefully.