1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help someone pleaseee xp

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by stupac, Nov 25, 2005.

1. stupac

stupac Member

the problem ive got is , my mum wanted her pc reformating cos it was full of junk so i wiped the hard drive out then i asked her for her windows cp home disk , she hasnt got it (lost it sumwere) shes not that good with pcs lol, she still has the product key on the side of the pc like , is there anyway i can get a disc to install xp and then enter her product key in to validate it ? her xp product key is an original key which came with her xp disc , thanx people anyone who can help fast wud be great help

2. Jamzbond

Jamzbond Regular member

Welcome to AD. You could do that. Can't say I've done it since they implimented the validation code feature but it makes perfect sense to me. Just ensure that you get an OS identical to the one that you had. Heard that it's available on some P2P sites but wouldn't know where to point you. Having said that though read this http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/261319

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
  3. stupac

stupac Member

thanx mate :)

4. Jamzbond

Jamzbond Regular member

Anytime :~)

5. Bird7

Bird7 Regular member

ok ive done this before. Use the key that is on the bottem(laptop)side(tower) and install the windows xp. make sure that you are using the correct version of windows xp (sp1, sp2) that serial wont work with sp2 if sp1 was on there first. Or you could just restore it with the restore disks that come with the pc

6. Augmented

Augmented Member

Sounds like Linux is your answer..