1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help this is starting to get annoying~~~

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by nitsujvg, Feb 11, 2005.

1. nitsujvg

nitsujvg Member

Hey everyone, I need some quick answers.

I just bought Swap Magic 3.3 discs, and a flip top case. I downloaded DVD Decypter and started to decrypt my first game (Xenosaga Episode 1).

However, I found that the disc was 8.5 gigs (dual layer i suppose).

Do I have to have a dual layer burner? I read in some other threads that it was header information or something like that, (hence the reason you need swap discs)... If anyone has any info on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Ps. Sorry if this question was asked in another thread somewhere, I couldn't find one.

2. Niobis

Niobis Regular member

Yes, you have to have a dual layer burner. You will also need dual layer disc, obviously.

3. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Want a quick answer? Here it is : Rip the game to DVD5 size. Either that, or buy a dual-layer DVD and burn it to that. Check out http://www.swapmagicfix.com they have a fix for that game in particular.

4. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Oh, and I was wrong. Apprantly games burned to DVD+R DL won't work right. You need to split the game to two DVD5s.

I'm in the same boat as you :)
    I'm trying to burn this game as well.

As soon as I come up with an answer. I'll post up a full guide to backing up this game.

5. nitsujvg

nitsujvg Member

awesome.

Yeah, it doesn't matter about the dual layer that much for me though, seeing as I don't have a dual layer burner, and I would have already used it, but I hear the media for it is expensive.

Anyways, I went about trying to decrypt my game, everything worked fine, I went to http://swapmagicfix.com, got the tutorial there, but i noticed... I don't have any files that have numbers in the 20's range. Like the files XENOSAGA_22, etc. Is there something wrong? I also tried using ISOBuster, saem results.

EDIT: Oh btw I'm decyrpting the NTSC one, if that helps at all.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005