1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP - TOTAL NOVICE!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Arronetta, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Arronetta

Arronetta Member

Hi to all on this forum. I recently used another forum about freeview boxes and got some really great help that even I could understand. So here's hoping the team on this forum can do the same!

I've got a DVD reader/writer on my pc but really have not got a clue as to how to use it!!!
    I can't even get it to recognise that there is a disc inside. I checked the driver using windows xp and it says i've got the most suitable driver. According to my Device Manager, the device is called a 'TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552U' - whatever that means.

How do I get it to work? PLEASE MAKE ANY ANSWERS AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE. I'd like to be able to store photos.

many thanks
    Arronetta

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

do you mean that it doesn't recognize any blank(recordable) cd/dvd media?
    does it work when you put a commercial cd/dvd in?

What burning programs do you have? Nero? Roxio?

3. Arronetta

Arronetta Member

Been away for weekend so sorry not here to get your reply.

That's right, it does not recognise anything. commercial or otherwise! I don't think I've got burning software anymore. Problem started when my computer went on the blink. I got someone in to fix it and they had to reinstal windows xp. after this my software was gone and i don't think i have a disc for it. the dvd is still showing up in my hardware list.

sorry if i sound thick - just don't get computers!!

Arronetta

4. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Was the drive working before you you had to re-install windows? I think that you should check the manufacturer website and make sure you have the correct driver by downloading it from there, or from the disc containing the driver which you would have obtained when you bought the drive.

5. Arronetta

Arronetta Member

how do i know what driver i have before deciding if i have the correct one?