1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help!totally new at ripping

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by herfy's, Feb 22, 2003.

1. herfy's

herfy's Member

hi every one.well i'v decided to have a go at ripping dvd's.well i got a bigger hard drive,i got a dvd rom drive,i got a dvd,i downloaded smartripper and every other program that i thought i needed and thats where it all went wrong.twice i'v had to reinstall my dvd rom drive and now it wont even read the dvd that iv got.
    the first time i tried to rip i started up smartripper and started the proceedure thebn it came up with this,some files are still locked.try to unlock with a player.the one that is locked is
    vts_01_0.vob win_10 locked.
    what on earth does all that mean.i continued but thats when i lost my drive.if anyone can give me some basic steps that would be great.i'm a patient kind of person.i have read a lot of forums and now i'm totally confused.please help.

2. wheelerdr

wheelerdr Member

give me a personal email at dbja1999@gci.net and i will try to explain it in detail i would here but it is a long process.if you look closely here there is plenty of information in this web site for anyone to copy dvd's

3. Sefy

Sefy Guest

I Suggest you try reading my Classical Guide (which with any luck will also be hosted here) as it will provide you with one of the best start-to-finish interface.

You can access it to one of the links you choose on my homepage: http://www.sefy.dtdns.net

4. herfy's

herfy's Member

thanks sefy i'm looking into it now.hope it helps me as i think i'm having great difficulties.i'm pretty ok at picking things up but when my drive starts dissapearing every time i try smartripper i don't know.

5. Sefy

Sefy Guest

If you have any problem, just let me know! i've never refused to help someone yet, but I think the guide is pretty straight forward, you shouldn't have problems.

6. tutor1357

tutor1357 Guest

recommend you a new tool speciallized for newbies, "DVDCutter Stream and Mp3CDWav Converter" you can download it from www.340ju39mm12pa.com
    Erase all numerals from www.340jm39mm12pa.com you'll be able to get the true url^_^

For protecting it from the webmaster.

7. Sefy

Sefy Guest

@tutor1357, what do those program do ? although I can guess, oh, and are they free ?