1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help...trying to burn to DVD-RW

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gfolla, Dec 11, 2002.

1. gfolla

gfolla Member

OK, so I'm relatively new at this whole DVD burning but have managed to copy DVD-->CD-R which are playable in my DVD player. What I'm having a hell of a time trying to do is copy to a DVD-RW which will play in my DVD player. Here are the steps I'm taking...

1) Ripped DVD to hardrive using SmartRipper 2.41.
    2) Converted .VOB files to .AVI using DVD2AVI 1.76+
    3) I then use TMPGEnc to convert the .AVI files to apparently a file called InterVideo Media File.
    4) I then burn them to a CD-R Using RecordNow Max and I now have a CD-R that I can play in my DVD player.

When I try burning to a DVD I get the following error...

VIDEO CD JOB TERMINATED WITH ERRORS. THE TYPE OF JOB IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE TYPE OF DISC.

I have tried a variety of softwares and can not get it to copy to a DVD-RW. Can someone please walk me through the steps to complete this. I'd be more than happy to donate to this site if I can get the help I need. I'm not the best when it comes to all the terminology so treating me like a computer illiterate person will not offend me. The more idiot proof instructions the better! If someone has the time to talk through this I have no problem calling you. This has become frustrating and I'm about to give up!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can please help me...

2. jimmydvd

jimmydvd Member

These are the order in which I convert DVD to DVD-R.
    Found the programs and instructions on the Net
    Goto:-
    http://digital-forums.com/dvd2dvdr/
    for step by step instructions.....

DVD Decrypter v3.1.2.0
    DVD2AVI v1.76
    TMPGEnc Plus v2.56.39.143
    ChapterXtractor v0.961
    Spruce DVDMaestro v2.9.2915a
    Gear Pro DVD 6.02 rc07

Last edited: Dec 12, 2002
  3. gfolla

gfolla Member

Do know where I might be able to get a copy of thh DVDMaestro?

4. jimmydvd

jimmydvd Member

5. sublime77

sublime77 Member

6. MrFixit

MrFixit Member

Okay, I'm ALMOST there...I Hope...

1) I ripped the VOB files to my hard drive...they are under 4.7 GBs (so far so good)

2) I THOUGHT there was a shady way to directly burn the VOB files to a DVD-R. (like changin the file extentions to .mpg) It didn't work.

3.) So I guess I'll download DVD2AVI and convert all my VOB files to avi. (Thats how the program works, right?) Can I just burn the .avi files to a DVD-R? (using a program like MyDVD which lets you import movie files and creates menus and buttons) Or does it have to be in mpeg2 format? Any replies will be helpful. Thanks.

7. jimmydvd

jimmydvd Member

AVI files arn't DVD. So if you burn these you are creating a VCD. Quite good quality but how big is the .avi file....

It took me a while to suss DVD copying out but once you get the hang of Regions/PAL/NTSC & adding chapters it is quite simple.
    Have a look at Raptors guide.
    http://digital-forums.com/dvd2dvdr/
    It is VERY helpful