1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help - Updating to new HD Loader version using non modded PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by eatwasabi, Apr 29, 2007.

1. eatwasabi

eatwasabi Member

So my friend have a modded PS2. I went to his house and have him install HD Loader on my memory card so that it works on my non modded ps2.

HD Loader works fine. I can backup and play all my ps2 games off of my harddrive. I use WinHiip to install some games sometimes.

My question is:

Is it possible for me to update to the newest version of HD Loader using my non modded PS2 (I also don't have swap magic or any exploit cd to use). The version I have on my memory card is very old. Is it possible to maybe run some kind of homebrew iso off of my HD (by using HD Loader's GUI to run it). This homebrew can copy and patch files on my memory card to update HD Loader to newest version. Or do I have to come to my friend's house everytime I need to update to new version. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. orthogonl

orthogonl Regular member

How exactly are you running HDLoader on your console? Don't you need a trigger disk in your PS2 in order to load the HDLoader ELF file off your memory card?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  3. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

If you are using the ps1 exploit, does it boot into hdloader? If you can go to your mates try and get him to make it boot to the latest ulaunchelf 4.12. Then you can configure that to boot to hdloader after pressing a specific key etc. Then you wont need your mate for updating hdloader etc anymore.
    Dont expect any new updates to hdloader anytime soon though :)
    Also you can put other homebrew programs on it as well like emulators :)