1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help with almost dead ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jepsilon, Feb 25, 2005.

1. jepsilon

jepsilon Guest

i was playing ncaa 2005, the game froze, and so i reset it, when i reset it nothing came on the screen...now the only thing that comes on is the fan in the back, and the red reset light (standby)...when i tap the reset button it turns green like it should, but nothing comes on the screen, nor does the blue eject light comes on...the tray doesn't even make any sound, only think making noise is the fan, regular noise, not awkward noise...

does anyone have any idea what part i need to replace, or tips on how to fix this problem???

Oh yeah, it has a messiah 2 modchip

2. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

Never heard this one before, but if you were playing an online game, it's a possibility that you broadband adaptor has went screwy, there is a small hole in the back of the modem that is used for resetting. Try it.

Never had this happen on a PS2, but I had a laptop once that required the same procedure.

Good Luck

3. jepsilon

jepsilon Guest

no, i was not playing online

4. jepsilon

jepsilon Guest

btw, i just noticed the black screen keeps...umm...how can i put it....jumping every other 6 seconds...

5. jepsilon

jepsilon Guest

someone please help...

6. jepsilon

jepsilon Guest

*moons everyone*

*person in background* ARE THOSE STRETCHMARKS!?!?!

7. JRoland

JRoland Member

I hate to say this, but if the PS2 is like a PC in terms of symptoms, I think your CPU died.

I personally have had 2 computers amongst myself and friends that had the same thing: Power Up - No Boot Up. It was the CPU on each of them.

Good luck!

I too hope I'm wrong for your sake.

8. jepsilon

jepsilon Guest

damn...i was hoping i could just buy a new part and all would be healed =(