1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help with Encryption?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by E_Pizza, Mar 24, 2007.

1. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

Hey there basically what i wanted to ask about was total internet connection encryption.

Unfortunately my ISP traffic shapes, Which means its limiting the speed of certain traffic. Its not through port numbers as the traffic packets are all look at individually.

For example i use BT to download a file using a non encrypted connection to the tracker and so on i get 60Kb/s.

I use Aszures and enable encryption i get 687Kb/s on the same torrent.

Now i know that they shape all kinds of traffic such as world of warcraft popular games and xbox 360 type traffic.

Is there any way to set up some kind of local software server on my machine which runs windows vista and get my pc to use the software to encrypt all the data so that it cant be shaped. That way i get to utilize the full potential of my connection.

It would be great if i could do the same on my xbox I have a netgear DG834GT.

My ISP is Sky broadband im an ex employee, unfortunately on a connect package (Max 8mb ADSL)

Thanks for your help

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum
    edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP.
    1. Text-only signatures should have at most 5 lines of text.

3. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

Sorry about that haven't read the rules in quite some time i joined in 2004, And i didn't realise i'd posted in the wrong forum so sorry once again and thanks for moving the post. Although i wasn't meaning to encrypt P2P traffic i meant everything.

Basically every single packet leaving my computer possibly using SSH or something? I just wanted to know a piece of software to do that with freely

But you know, your the moderator you know best probably my mistake

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007