1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help with error : cyclic redundancy check

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Kulith, May 16, 2007.

1. Kulith

Kulith Guest

So my friend was trying to give me quite a large file so he put it on a dvd-r and gave me the dvd. When I put the dvd-r in and try to copy the file off it I get an error "cyclic redundancy check".

If you want the specific msgbox let me know, I could take a screenshot but my computer really gets -[edited by lethal]- up after the error.

I already googled and dl'ed CDCheck and ran a recovery on my dvd-r. And each sector had as many errors as it possibly could. (after about 50 sectors, I didnt bother finishing it since I didnt get a single readable sector)

Help would be appreciated.

Edit: Cleaning it doesn't help.

Edit: -[edited by lethal]- I just realized CDCheck PROBABLY isnt compatible with dvds lol. ISO dvd recovery tool....

Edit: To be more specific, this is a FILE, not something I can burn off the dvd like a game. So unless im mistaken, there is nothing I could use Nero 7 to help with this...?

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2007
  2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Kulith

Watch the language when posting ;)

re: rules in my sig..

3. david66

david66 Regular member

crc errors are caused by your burner unable to read the disc because of errors you could try to check your firmware to see if it is the latest that may help if not then you are out of luck

4. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

hi :)
    A "CRC" error is most often caused by bad media - it could be any of the following:

1. A dirty disc,
    2. A scratched disc
    3. A poor quality disc (cheap media if it happens during the "Burn" section of your work)
    4. A bad disc from the Mfgr.
    5. It can also be due to structural copy protection on a disk.
    6. It can also be from a bad optical component in your drive.

5. Kulith

Kulith Guest

ehh... sorry lethal, i spend most of my time on d2jsp.com and they dont have any swearing policies apart from excessive flamming...

I gave him back the dvd told him to make me a new one. It works fine on his computer though... probably my burner then i guess...

Anyways, thanks for help.

Its kinda hard to type without cussing :S