1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help with ipod problem!!

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by helen35, Feb 18, 2007.

1. helen35

helen35 Member

I am hoping someone out there can help me with a problem I am having with a 2nd hand ipod!! I am pulling my bloody hair out here!!!
    Was given an ipod mini click wheel, unfortunalely i dont have the software disc that originally came with it, it had been chucked out when my friend originally installed it etc... i cannot get it to sync with my itunes, i downloaded itunes 7 but it wont let me change anything on the ipod, cant restore settings or anything, says file not found, is it because i havnt installed the software??? or am i doing something wrong!!!!!!!

2. Decoded

Decoded Member

Well, many moons ago Apple used to be able to send you a free software disc just in case you lost yours in the first place. But now all they're suggesting is to install the most recent version of iTunes and then update or restore it to factory settings. What you might want to try on a long shot is to try and Google the last iPod software before apple integrated the update software with iTunes and restore it that way. It'll have the most recent update for the mini because Apple hasn't had the care to update the mini or any older iPod in ages

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member