1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help with making a good backup from joined files

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Balaam, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

I have a game that was split from the ISO into numerous parts. In the past I've joined the files with mastersplitter, renamed the file to turn it into an ISO, but those files were never recognized as an valid ISO by DVD Decrypter, and after I've burned them with nero, they never worked. So right now I have a game I joined, its in the unrecognized 'file' format, and I haven't renamed it to turn it into an ISO. Can someone who has experience with these kinda things tell me how to get a playable backup of my game from this file? Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

the specific files names run as:
    xxxxxx.000
    xxxxxx.001
    xxxxxx.002 etc.
    I've joined lagre video files split in this way with no problem, but when I use the same app to join these ISO's, I'm unable to get a working image. Can anyone offer any pointers?

3. samio19

samio19 Member

Yeah I've experienced the same thing. I'd like to convert a joined file I have to an iso image. I don't know what program exactly will recognize the file so that I can convert it to iso for burning. I used hjsplit2.2 to join all the files. help!

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

try using win rar, load up the win rar program then from there browse to the folder were the files are, hold down the control key on your keyboard and click each file, when you have all the files highlighted click the extract button