1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help with message 'to play this disc put in an xbox 360 console

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by antoniof7, Jan 6, 2008.

1. antoniof7

antoniof7 Member

I,ve just about had enough of trying to backup my games. I’ve tried everything using Pioneer 112D 1.24fw, Verbatims, Samsung drive with Kreon firmwareV1.0, Xbox BackupV2.7 Creator, Schtrom3.4 you name it I’ve tried it, but all I get in the end is ‘to play this disc put in an xbox 360 console’. My xbox 360 is modded with extreme fw. The guy that did it is not much help, only says I must be backing them up wrong, but when I ask for help he’s always too busy. He says it plays his backups fine. I can’t go anywhere else for help because he’s the only guy in my area that installs mod chips. As I said I follow the tutorials to the letter and everything checks out before I burn but disappointment every time. I’ve read that this message 'to play this disc put it in a Xbox 360', is the Video Partition on the original disc. It is what you’ll see if you put a game in your PC. I’ve also read that this can happen if you have the wrong key in your modded X360. Is this right? if so how come he can play his backups on my console? Has anyone have any idea why I keep getting this message? Please help.

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Has he tested his copies on your 360 in front of you?

3. Bart212

Bart212 Guest

I think it's just meant to be that you buy the original games as the backups just don't work for you.

4. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

How do you know he doesn't have the originals, or is this just uour assumption???

5. Bart212

Bart212 Guest

Get real, moron, learn how to spell.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2008
  6. phelixnyc

phelixnyc Regular member

Give us a step by step on how your burning backups.

7. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

Don't act like you are immune from making grammatical and spelling errors in your posts. In the below post links, its pretty evident that you aren't. Next time, take a look at yourself before making accusations....hypocrite!!!

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/610358/3685680
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/610362/3685665

8. Bart212

Bart212 Guest

LOL I couldn't find any errors. LOL can't believe you searched all my posts, weirdo. G Ray, you are a well known hater here who just does nothing but criticize people and offers no help so go away please, you are useless to the board. This is quite comical coming from someone with your ban record Bart212

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2008
  9. Bart212

Bart212 Guest

Antonio, it sounds like he didn't flash it right because you did everything right to make the backup, what I do. Since he won't help you fix it, he sounds like a scammer.

10. wabashman

wabashman Active member

is your 360 modded with a chip, or is the FW flashed, you state it has both things in your origonal post, and these are completely different mods, that i believe require different game ripping techniques. and what was that second post for bart?? to make yourself appear that you are actually useful and helpful, since the previous contained no helpful information at all?

11. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

Ironically these were the first two posts that showed up in a search, so like I said, don't be a hypocrite....because it makes u look stupid. I'm surprised you missed these errors since you are a such spelling and grammar expert.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/610358/3685680
    Mine did the same and Microsoft said to send it in to them as this is a well know issue and no easy fix.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/610362/3685665
    This is a well known scam site where they steal your personal information and sell it identity thieves.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  12. antoniof7

antoniof7 Member

FYI Bart212, I own 12 Original Xbox 360 games and as yet not a single backup, and if dont have anything helpful to add I suggest you just GTFOOTF, if you know what I mean.

lilg_06, yes I watched him place a backup in my 360.

phelixnyc, below are the steps I take backing up an original.

1. place original in samsung drive and open Xbox backup creator
    and check its selected on drop down menu just in case went into
    options and clicked on unlock drive until it says drive is
    already unlocked.
    2. Clicked on read and made sure complete backup was selected even
    tried at slowing down the read speed to 6X.
    3. clicked on start and gave the file a name and saved as type:
    Image files ( iso,.000) clicked save on to HDD.
    4. once finished clicked on image tools and selected stealth
    check selected the finished image and it passes every time.
    5. I've tried burning the image with the three programs. eg ImgBurn
    6. opened ImgBurn clicked on mode selected write, clicked on browse
    for file and selected dvd file, selected tools, settings, write
    selected user specified and sectors in LO wrote 1913760.
    7. changed write speed to 2X and to be sure clicked on change
    automatic write speed, updated disc ID and write speed to 2X,
    selected device pioneer DVD-RW DVR 112D, write speed 2X
    8. clicked on write and left it undisturbed till it finished takes
    approx 40 minutes.
    9. get the message at the end burn completed successfully.
    10.Check it in windows explorer and it shows as xbox360, size 6.87 GB
    11. place it in the xbox 360 yep another MF COASTER with that f*#%%ng
    message 'to play this disc put in an xbox 360 console'

FYI my xbox is a halo 3 special edition the modd guy said it has a haitachi drive 79. Hope this helps and as I said, I really dont know why I'm burning coasters I'm using all the right hardware and software and followed the tutorials to the letter. Thanks in advance for your help.

13. antoniof7

antoniof7 Member

wabashman, my 360 is modded with a chip, but I was told by the mod guy it contains xtreme firmware unsure of the number? It was originally 5.2 but it has since been upgraded. I'm a bit confused? I thought the firmware comes combined with the chip. Thanks for your help.

14. wabashman

wabashman Active member

the FW doesnt have a chip, it just rewrites the origonal FW. a chip is soldered into the dvd drive and doesnt require updating.

15. antoniof7

antoniof7 Member

Thanks for the quick response wabashman. I know that firmware is just programmed software that changes the way the 360 dvd rom reads discs and that a chip is hardware that is soldered to 360 dvd rom and does basically the same thing.

OK, so with a mod chip there is no need for firmware the chip does it all. I dont know what the mod guy was talking about when he said he upgraded the firmware. Maybe he got confused himself. Anyways, above is how I do my backups if you can spot anything wrong please let me know.

I'm getting the feeling that its a modchip problem that's preventing me from playing backups, but how he can play his backups has got me thinking. I'm definitely going back to see him and demand some answers. Thanks once again.

16. |CL|

|CL| Regular member

If it's a hitachi 79 it has a passkey "chip" and flashed firmware. So really it's a "chipped" to flash 360. :p

That doesn't explain why you are having problems though and honestly, you're steps for making backups sounds right.

Hopefully somebody sees the flaw here. I don't atm.

You stated you have tried three different burning programs. Was clonecd one of them?

17. antoniof7

antoniof7 Member

That sounds about right Haitachi 79 with pass key chip and flashed firmware. Is it xtreme firmware, cause the mod guy said he upgraded it from 5.2. Yes, tried CloneCD V5.3 and got the same result even got some verbatims made in singapore, which from what I hear are the best. I dont want to waste anymore discs burning the way I have because I just know it will be a coaster so unless someone can come up with something different I'll give it another go. Thanks for the response.

18. |CL|

|CL| Regular member

It would be xtreme firmware if it's 5.2.

That makes me think that you are making Ixtreme discs. Xtreme firmware will not play them.

19. |CL|

|CL| Regular member

Again, sorry for the double post....

If he "upgraded" it I would think he would have updraded it to the newest Ixtreme.

Same deal applies here though. If you are making Xtreme backups they will not play.

I may have had the above post wrong. Some body please correct me if that is the case.

20. |CL|

|CL| Regular member

Wow, here goes a triple post. I'll get somebody pissed off for sure. I can't edit my posts and I don't want to give wrong info...so...

I quoted myself here because this post I made is wrong.

Xtreme will boot both, stealthed and unstealthed.

I'll bow out now and wait for the experts. It's been a long night. I should be in bed. :/