1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help with playback

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lauren123, Aug 28, 2004.

1. lauren123

lauren123 Member

I have got as far as burning a dvd-r using Nero, but when I went to play it on my dvd player nothing happened. It played ok on the computer though? What am I doing wrong?

My dvd player supports DVD-R's.

Please help.

2. lauren123

lauren123 Member

I have got as far as burning a dvd-r using Nero, but when I went to play it on my dvd player nothing happened. It played ok on the computer though? What am I doing wrong?

My dvd player supports DVD-R's.

Please help.

3. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

Are you sure your player supports -r?? or +r??
    Also by nothing do you mean no sound and video?? is it playing normal dvd's ok??

What media are you using. Most ppl recommend ritek or verbatim branded.

4. lauren123

lauren123 Member

When I put in in a dvd player, the dvd player just said loading forever. When I put the recorded dvd-r in the computer dvd it will play. Yes my dvddoes support r's. I am very new at this and after 4 days finaly can burn. The dvd recorder is pioneer

5. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

Greetings,

This problem sounds like bad DVD-R media. You might want to try picking up a 5 pack of media from your local store and burning this movie again. Also, in
    my experience I have found some stand-alone players do not like some media. I would avoid Memorex media. You never know what you will get with them.
    Its kind of like a game of Russian roulette.

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Check you players compatibility here: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers ... find out which media works best with your player.

Also you could try burning at a slower speed. What brand of media are you using?

7. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

lauren123,

The link "flip218" listed sounds reasonable. I have found Ritek (G03,G04), Maxell, and TDK all outstanding quality. However, check for best results.

8. lauren123

lauren123 Member

So what you are saying is it could be the dvd-r that I am using. So after I burn in nero 6, I should be able to play the dvd on any dvd player that is compatible or do I need more software, if so what one. I have heard about authoring but don't understand. All I know is the dvd recorder is burning and when finished, it said sucessful burn and it is completed. Can anyone help, VERY NEW at this.

9. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

lauren123,

Nero is fine for burning compliant DVD sources that are not copy protected. This tool does produce a DVD that should work in your stand alone player. A video authoring tool is typically used to convert captured video from TV, home movies, VHS tapes into DVD compliant video.

In my last post I recommended that you visit the link posted above to find out what brands of DVD should work with you're stand alone player. I have found out that all media regardless of there manufacture's claims are not created equal. Sample a small quantity of blank media from a few makers and see what works for yu.

10. flip218

lauren123,

How the heck are we suppose to answer this?? Both deadcat and I have asked you "What media are you using?". If you would answer us we could tell you if your using crap media.

11. lauren123

lauren123 Member

I am using TDK dvd-r. Is this what you mean????

12. flip218

Ahhh Yes!!! Thank you :) ... That media is fine. My next thought is to slow your burns down to 4x or 2.4x