1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help with ripping and watching Vid

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by degrassi0, Dec 22, 2007.

1. degrassi0

degrassi0 Guest

Hello all,
    I am new to this forum. So I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong category. I really need some help though
    This is my issue.
    I have nero software. I recently ripped an unprotected disk. It then displayed a bunch of files. There are three of those files in which play all the parts of the movie. (Not sure why they don't all just fit in one file) But anyways. Here are the files....

Video_TS
    Backup file of the IFO

Video_TS
    DVD movie
    94 KB

VTS_01_0
    DVD movie infor
    60 KB

VTS_01_2
    DVD movie
    1,048,574 KB

VIDEO_TS
    DVD movie info
    12 KB

VTS_01_0
    Backup file for the IFO
    60 KB

VTS_01_1
    DVD movie
    1,048,574 KB

VTS_01_3
    DVD movie
    876,302 KB

So I downloaded SUPER converter and have been having a hard time using it. I dragged first, all of those files to it, then tried to convert it into a WMA file. It kept saying error and wouldn't. I then took the three of those files that played the movie, and put them on there. It indeed converted them. I took them over to windows movie maker to create clips. But, this is my problem. The video played slow, almost like slow motion. The voices were fine, but the pic was completely out of sync.
    I really could use someone who is a pro at SUPER or has any idea what I am doing wrong.
    Thank you

Bee

2. attar

attar Senior member

You can use a media player (like VLC) to click on the VOB files and verify that they are in sync before loading into Super for conversion.

Alternatively, after loading a VOB into Super, you can use the 'Play Active Files' button to check sync.

Drag the files VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB on to the lower window and select WMV as the output container, it outputs three files that can be loaded into Windows Movie Maker.The files should be synced.

Verify that the output files from Super playback ok with Windows Media Player before opening the Movie Maker program.

3. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

degrassi0---You say you have Nero software, Nero Showtime can play DVD files out of your VIDEO_TS folder to make sure the audio and video are in synch. If you wanted to make clips or convert those files, you can use Nero Vision.

Everything attar said was true also, so you can use that help too if you like. I am just giving you a different way to do what it seems like you want with other tools that you should already have.

4. degrassi0

degrassi0 Guest

Hello,
    thank you for getting back to me.
    I did what you said. But I keep getting errors.
    I drag the video files over. It puts 1 and the bottom, then 2, and 3.
    I have no idea what direct show code is. I did check it off, still didn't work.
    Any idea what I am doing wrong?

5. attar

attar Senior member

I don't know, but I can drag a VOB file onto the window, choose the output container and using the defaults, output a usable wmv file.

[​IMG]

6. degrassi0

degrassi0 Guest

Thanks.
    But. Still when I take the tree VOB movie files. It will start then say error. I have no idea why. What am I doing wrong?

7. degrassi0

degrassi0 Guest

Nevermind...it is fine.

8. degrassi0

degrassi0 Guest

I ripped a dvd and now I want to use super to convert the VOB files to microsoft zune. It has a selection for that on Super. But whenever I do that. It keeps saying error.
    I even first converted the files to an avi which worked fine. Then using those, tried to reconvert to microsoft zune, still says error.
    Any idea why? I am using the default in super. I didn't change anything.
    thanks

9. attar

attar Senior member

Is this with the latest [2008 28] version or an older version?
    I haven't updated from [2007 23] and have no problems.

10. degrassi0

degrassi0 Guest

I am sorry,
    Do you mean what version of Super I am using? I know it said I could update it, but I was so confused of how to do it.

11. attar

attar Senior member

12. degrassi0

degrassi0 Guest

Thank you.
    But can I ask you what am I doing wrong?
    I rip a DVD using ripitforme. Works fine. I take the VOB files and put them in Super. I click Microsoft Zune and let it encode. But it always says error. I seem to be only able to work with avi. Never any problems there. But am I doing something wrong? I do not change anything when I use Microsoft Zune. Thanks

13. attar

attar Senior member

If you go to the Super website and do a search for 'VOB to Zune' there are a number of threads.
    To get to the site, run Super and right click on the window and look for the menu selection 'Super official website'

14. degrassi0

degrassi0 Guest

In the past, I have registered for that website. But there is something wrong. Can you register? Like, I do, and then it says done and I am not logged in, when I log in, it will take me back to the homepage but not log me in.
    I did not get any confirmation email. I emailed for a lost password, but never got it. Any idea what is wrong?

15. attar

attar Senior member

No I have never loggod on to that site.

If it's of any interest, I was testing some short VOB files with Super and had a failure (while converting to Zune).
    There was an error and the message popped up letting me know.

I then saved only the video, then saved only the audio, and renamed the audio to .wma ,then used the 'Windows Media Encoder' stream editor tool to join them up and save as .wmv again.

I should stress that the VOB that failed also crashed VLC media player, so there is something wrong with the VOB file.
    It was part of a DVD folder, output by ConvertXtoDVD.

16. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member